Chapter 34

Sting woke up with a start as he looked around him and sat up almost immediately. He sat there, breathless, as he calmed himself down, his heart pounding rapidly. Kyubey looked at him, its golden beaded eyes gleaming. All the blood had been consumed and the spell had long disappeared, vaporizing into the air leaving a trail of steam behind. Lector, seeing that he was back, gave him a worried expression. Hades, Mavis, Zeref, and the others had retreated almost immediately once they noticed that something was happening; changing.

Hades flew down beside Sting and looked at him. "You came back, human," he said but his eyes asked another question. "Just in time."

"Where's Lucy?" Zeref demanded instantly.

"Did you come back with her?" Mavis asked, her eyes frantic.

"No..." Sting replied but just as Zeref and the others were about to unleash his anger at him, he looked up at the ship and narrowed his eyes, a sense of purpose within them. A white aura unleashed itself within him and he stood up, the rukh surrounding him. "But, I'm going to get her back."

He jumped off the ship and started into the island, running swiftly along the crumbled ground. The mass of impurity and undead were beginning to round themselves up and grow larger in size but Sting dodged them, making way towards the mountain path that existed in the distance, right underneath where the floating ship was.

"Is he crazy?" Hades murmured.

"Ah, he most definitely is," Zeref nodded his head, his dark eyes now crimson. "That ship's lower level is completely destroyed. Just what did that guy do while he was up there?"

"Wait!" Mavis shouted. "Is that-?!"

The dark whirlwind-like clouds that had been swirling above the ship was starting to disperse and in its place, vast amounts of pure white rukh were gathering. A dark blue gradient painted across the sky as the constellations and stars started swirling about. Stars and comets started raining down across the sky and in the far distance, they could all make out the silhouette of a young girl. Her blonde hair and white dress flowed beside her as she rained down from the sky, half-unconscious.

"Lucy?!" they all yelled.

"She's too far," Minerva remarked. "At this rate, even if we go immediately, we won't make it."

Kyubey watched its master fall from the sky and knew that it would be just a matter of moments before she would tumult to the ground. It could tell that her magoi was low and she had almost no strength to defend herself. However, despite all that, it carried hope in its eyes; the same went for Lector. Sting would catch her. They knew he would. No matter what happened, he would always catch her.

Sting ran towards the mountains and along the dead deserted road, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists as he ran with all his strength. He widened his eyes as he saw Lucy fall from the ship, falling amongst the stars and comets that trailed beside her. He continued running while staring at her, his orbs reflecting her entrancing figure. He was desperate. He was going to catch her but at his rate, it was going to be a close call. Looking down and shutting his eyes, he let out a scream.

"Luuuuucccccyyyyyy!!!"

Hearing his voice, Lucy slowly opened her eyes and noticing that she was falling, the first figure that reflected in her eyes was Sting. Her chocolate brown orbs watered as she softened her eyes, seeing how desperate he looked. Tears fell from her eyes like tiny pearls as she tried reaching out to him.

"Sting," she whispered.

He tumbled to the ground as he ran and Lucy widened her eyes, her face now stained with her tears. She pursed her lips together and batted her eyelashes, tears falling each time. She watched him get up and stare at her, a look of mission and duty reflecting on his ever so clear eyes. He ran to her, desperate to grab ahold of her. Even if he had to run for the eternity of time, he would always catch her. There would never be a moment where he didn't. He pushed every last strength within him and jumped, his arms outstretched.