Chapter 23

"Hurry up, hurry up! It's starting!"

"Wait up!"

The children ran through the crowded streets as almost a fifth of the entire population of Fiore gathered in the streets of Clover Town, anticipating the arrival of the parades. The streets were dark and silent but soon, they heard the blowing of trombones. The streetlights lighted up and soon, Sabertooth's guild could be seen in the distance, lights illuminating the proud sabertooth statue. In the far distance, silhouettes of people came walking toward them as large purple flags with golden rimming - each one holding Sabertooth's insignia - were raised in their hands, waving proudly in the wind. Sabertooth had come.

They marched through the streets proudly as the floats soon began coming after them. The crowd cheered in awe at the extraordinariness of the floats. The members of Sabertooth each held a performance and soon enough, they were all caught in the festive mood. Confetti rained down from the sky as the floats went slowly by.

Frosch and Lector were hand in hand as they waved at the crowds, standing on top of their own float. Large inflatables that were shaped like them hung from above the floats as children gazed upon them, mesmerized.

"Frosch is so cute~!" a girl squealed.

"Lector's cooler though," a boy argued.

Yukino and a few other girls from Sabertooth were doing a baton performance, much to many of the male audience's pleasure. They handled their batons with gracefulness and skill, earning many stares of awe from the young girls. Moreover, despite Yukino's shyness at first, she seemed to be laughing with joy. Rufus's float came passing by and the audience gaped with awe at his float. He had used his memory magic to recall another magic and used it so that the float seemed to be riding on a sea of flames. Next came Orga who also used his magic to manipulate a small area of the surrounding air, making crackles of lightning in the air as they formed into outlines of different animals.

Sting and Rogue's float came by and the two were dressed in a princely outfit. They used their respective elements of light and dark to perform a scene that was beyond stunning. In a world of pitch darkness, the sun shone brilliantly, bringing life to all the others. The contrast in images was almost like a beautiful artwork. The two combined their magic, creating dark arches with lights illuminating the path. Minerva soon came by and grinned as she summoned the stone god-like figure, but this time, with a less burst of magic. The stone figure paraded through the streets, Minerva in its hand as the kids looked on in wonder, following it as it passed.

"Dream on about outshining me," Minerva smirked at Sting and Rogue.

A tick mark grew on Sting's head as he yelled at her, stomping his feet. "Bring it on, hag!"

"You guys just have to fight every time," Rogue shook his head but even so, he had a smile on his face; everyone did. It was just like them to fight like this.

"Their performances every year never cease to amaze us," a man looked at in wonder, his expression melting to that of a child's.

"Indeed," a woman breathed.

"As expected of this town's guild," another man grinned.

"They're our very pride," a woman boasted. "It's thanks to them that we're prosperous."

They laughed. "Very true!"

"Papa, look at that!" a kid pointed out at an approaching float.

"What the-!" Orga looked back, expressing the many shocked faces of the guild members.

What came as a surprise to many of the guild members was the fact that even Kyubey itself had gotten a float to itself and it cute and mysterious appearance, becoming an instant favorite of those watching the parade. Many other performances were put on and all were on a level that rivaled that of Fairy Tail's, whose parade was still the major favorite of the people. A large balloon that was twelve times its size hung in the air above. It pranced around and surveyed the people before opening its mouth to the air, a white magic circle appearing at its mouth. From its mouth rained diamond-like meteor showers.