Chapter 16

The rukh fluttered around in frenzy, surrounding Lucy as she stood there, a grin wiped across her face. She tilted her red paper umbrella back, revealing herself before all of them. She had gotten tired of watching them battle each other out and didn't want to deal with all the bothersome stuff that came after if they destroyed part of Mercurius. Seeing their gaping expressions, she looked to the members of Fairy Tail.

"Hey," she laughed. "Three years and you guys have already forgotten what I looked like?"

"Myuu," Kyubey hopped onto Lucy's shoulder.

Everyone present in the room looked at her in shock as she stood there, tall and proud, her eyes clear and filled with authority. They felt their knees buckle just by looking at those brown orbs of hers. Her magic presence was overwhelming that for once, they could see the true essence and form of magic: rukh. She stood there with a grin and spoke up, her voice clear like a bell ringing through the spring wind.

"Sabertooth will be the one to spin next."

Despite her statement, they all remained dumb-founded and just stood there in complete shock. Sabertooth was at a loss for words at her sudden appearance, Toma and Hisui just stood there, not knowing how to process the fact that Lucy actually stood there before them, and Fairy Tail stood there, pale, unable to comprehend what just happened. The room was filled with a deafening silence until a tiny whimpering voice cried out.

"L-Lucy~!" Frosch flew to her, tears in its eyes. "Where were you~?"

"Frosch," Lucy held it as Kyubey reached out a paw to pet its head. "Sorry for worrying you."

"We're just glad you're back," Lector exclaimed.

Lucy smiled and bent down, petting him. "Thank you for worrying, Lector."

Lector grinned, a blush on his cheek for he was happy that he was being petted by Lucy. Her hand was soft and smooth and most of all, she smelled nice. She had a way with pets and Lector enjoyed being touched by her the most. Lucy continued petting them affectionately but soon glanced up as she saw Minerva standing over her, her expression blank.

"You..." she said.

"Minerva?" she tilted her head to the side.

"Where the fuck were you?!" Minerva shook her. "How can you just suddenly disappear like that right after we entered the castle? Do you have any idea how much we panicked? At least say something before you disappear every time! You got it?!"

Minerva continued shaking her vigorously, much to the latter's displeasure. Lucy soon grew nauseous and being shaken so hard, her face pale and her eyes blank.

"M-M-Minerva...stop shaking me," she held out a hand.

"Next time, I'm going to handcuff you if you keep on leaving like that!" Minerva continued shaking her with no sign of stopping.

"M-Minerva...really...stop," Lucy said, really looking like she was about to throw up.

"Myuu, myuu!" Kyubey hissed.

"Minerva, I think you should really stop," Rufus said, a sweat-drop rolling down his face.

"Lucy's complexion doesn't look quite well," Orga agreed.

Minerva seemed to have heard what they said and as she saw Lucy's expression, she immediately stopped, a worrisome expression washing over her face.

"Oh my gosh, Lucy!" she exclaimed. "Whoever did this to you?"

Who else could it be beside you? the members from Sabertooth all thought.

"Ughhh..." Lucy shook her head, regaining her composure again.