Chapter 31

The two made their way up the stairs, Lector following close behind as they came across a large pair of grand doors. This time, black thorns weaved itself across it as a dark and intimidating aura surrounded it. Behind this pair of doors was Lucifer. Lucy looked at the door, her eyes firm and confident as she touched it. Sabertooth and Hades were busy subduing the undead on the outside and Rogue and Frosch had taken it upon themselves to allow them to make it this far. What they had done for her, she would never forget it nor will she let their efforts be in vain.

She pushed it open and a bright light flashed before them. As they opened their eyes, they found themselves in a large room, the floor perfectly waxed to the point where they could see their reflection. Silver and white were the two major colors and they could see the scene outside. It was large, perhaps the largest room within the whole ship; larger than the room that they had just been in.

"Lucifer," she said.

Sting looked ahead and saw the chair situated in the middle of the room twirled around, revealing a man clothed in white. He had on a black suit with a black cape draped around him, the collar lined with large amounts of soft white fur. His wild dark red hair was tied into a long low ponytail, his hair trailing behind his cape. He had on a pair of white gloves and a black face mask covered his face. His crimson golden eyes stared at them but to Sting, his eyes only seemed to focus on Lucy.

"I've been waiting for you, Lucy," he smiled softly.

Lucy glared at him and Sting made a protective stance in front of Lucy, shielding her. Lucifer smiled at her with a gentle gaze but something about that smile seemed off. It was more crazed and definitely not the expression of a normal person. There was some deeper meaning behind it. Sting narrowed his eyes at him and Lucifer turned to look at him, disdain in his eyes. From the outlines of his face mask, Sting could tell that he had gritted his teeth and clicked his tongue. Nevertheless, his eyes returned to its smiling way when he focused back on Lucy.

"Lucy, you didn't tell me that you accepted another disciple," his voice now cold as he made his way towards her, his black dress shoes clicking against the floor.

Lucy's eyes softened a bit as she looked him in the eye. "You know that I, Lucy Heartfilia, will only take one disciple in my lifetime."

Lucifer widened his eyes in surprise and for a moment, she saw a flicker of white rukh flying around him but it quickly disappeared. He let out a laugh and grinned, his cheek tinted with a slight blush. Lucy gulped and a sweat drop rolled down Sting's face. Lector flapped open his wings, ready to get into action at any moment. Lucifer continued walking to them until he stopped just a few meters away from them. He outstretched his hand and looked at Lucy, his crimson golden eyes unreadable.

"Come with me," he said. "After all that had happened, you should know my feelings more than anyone. You should be supporting me and standing by me."

She shook her head. "No, Lucifer. I will not."

He looked unamused. "Why are you being so insistent on going against me, Lucy? You should be the one that hates this world more than anything. They wronged you!" his voice rising in anger. "They treated you either like a rag doll or a monster each time you interacted with them! They were all liars, no matter how nice they seemed. So why? Why do you still walk amongst them as if nothing had happened?!"

"Lucifer, the world isn't all black like you think it is," she said. "Though it may be true that there are those that shouldn't exist, the world doesn't consist entirely of them. I know this," she said, her eyes bright and full of certainty. "The friends I now have aren't like that. From them, I've learned to trust again; I've learned to open my heart again. They treat me like family and for me, they're willing to do anything. The same goes for me."