Chapter 8

A few hours had passed since they left Fiore's north and without any issues, they've arrived at their client's. However, the atmosphere among them was stifling much due to Sting's attitude as well as the overwhelming air that Lucy was giving off. Rogue sat beside Sting with a sweat-drop rolling down his face while Lector and Frosch glanced back and forth between the two dragon slayers and the client. Though the five people seemed to be on a nervous end, Lucy sat on the single red velvet couch, drinking the cup of royal milk tea that had been offered to her. Kyubey wolfed down the sweets in an instant and let out a burp as it rested its head on Lucy's lap.

"Here you go," Sting passed the two encased flowers along with a nonchalant expression. "Now give us the reward. It was a hundred million jewels."

Pretty cheap of a price for Perpetua Lilium, Lucy noted to herself.

Sting leaned back onto the couch and swung an arm atop the gold ornately designed top rail of the red velvet couch. He combed back his slick blonde hair and looked to Lucy, who remained calm and silent, before looking back. Rogue sat there, unmoving, as he stared at the two flowers and then towards the client. 

"Of course, we'll pay the reward," the man said. "I didn't expect that anyone would be able to find it. As expected of Sabertooth's Twin Dragon Slayers."

"It was nothing," Rogue nodded his head with a meek smile.

Lucy set her teacup down on the table, causing a clang sound to resound in the room. Everyone glanced over at her and gulped, swallowing. She, who had remained silent throughout the whole time, had finally made a noise - even though it was indirect. She motioned for a nearby butler to repour the tea and he complied. Even though their client was the person who had the most authority, everyone knew that as of right now, Lucy was the one that held power in this room. 

"Still," she said with an amused look. "I never expected that the client for this mission would be you, Toma E. Fiore."

The client in question was the King of Fiore, Toma E. Fiore. Of all things, neither Sting nor Rogue knew that their client would be royalty. The two were at a loss when they first received the notice of where the client was but after a while, the two had recomposed themselves. Sting, being the usual arrogant person he was, paid no attention to their difference in social statuses and remained cool like always. Rogue, too, seemed to pay no mind but he did show his respect. However, for Lucy, it was understandable. To many people, in fact, to about ninety-nine percent of the world's population, believed that Perpetua Lilium was nothing more than an urban legend. Only the world's royalty knew of its definite existence but even they had hard times getting their hands on it.

"And I never expected that the person who accepted this request would be you, Lucy Heartfilia-sama," Toma smiled softly and bowed deeply. "Thank you very much."

"Those two were the ones that accepted," Lucy pointed to the two. "Not me."

Toma turned towards the two and bowed his head slightly. "Thank you, Sting Eucliffe-dono and Rogue Cheney-dono."

The difference in attitude for Lucy and the two of them was made extremely clear but Sting and Rogue knew that Lucy deserved most of the credit. But what bothered them the most is the respectful demeanor that Toma constantly paid to Lucy even though he was royalty and well, she was but a mere celestial wizard. Lucy picked up her teacup and sipped it, her face softening as its warmth spread through her.

"But there's still one thing that I'm unsure about."

"What may it be?"

Lucy set her chocolate brown orbs upon Toma with all due seriousness as her voice and eyes became void of any tinkling merriment that had been in there a second ago. "What do you need the flowers of the gods for?"