Chapter 20

"N-No way..." Orga muttered, his mouth gaping wide open. "It's all fixed?!"

"H-How?" Rufus asked, equally confused.

"Did Lucy do this?" Jiemma asked, looking towards his daughter as well as Sting, Rogue, Lector, and Frosch.

Jiemma, Orga, Rufus, Yukino, and some other unharmed guild members had returned to the guild after dealing with the medical procedures for the harmed members. During the meantime in which they had been gone, the destruction that had loitered throughout the guild hall had been completely erased and the destroyed floats that they remembered seeing were replaced with the exact same replicas but more intricate in design and material. They were gathering around and celebrating in happiness at the fact that they could participate again.

"As expected of Lucy-sama!" Yukino praised with excitement. "She's amazing! To be able to do something like this is absolutely amazing!"

"Ah," Rogue smiled but with a painful look in his eyes. "She is..."

Despite the fact that everyone was overjoyed, only Minerva, Sting, Rogue, Lector, and Frosch remained in silence as each and every one of them had their eyes fixated upon the floor, their hands balled into fists. The worst one among them was Sting and Jiemma, having noticed it, decided to call them into his office to talk about it.

In the office~

"Lucy made a decision again?" he sat in his chair, already knowing what they were contemplating about in their minds.

"You know?" Minerva looked at her father.

"To me, Lucy was like another daughter. How would I not know when I see you all like this," he laughed. "Though even I don't necessarily know what goes on in that mind of hers. So? What did she decide on this time?"

"It was concerning this matter," Minerva closed her eyes as she knitted her eyebrows together.

Jiemma mused to himself as he shifted himself in his chair. "Let me guess. It's about Fairy Tail?"

"Master, you know already?" Rogue widened his eyes.

"Did Lucy come to talk to you~?" Frosch looked at him.

Jiemma shook his head. "Just a guess. Judging from your tormented expressions, anyone can figure it out if they gave it some thought. Besides, the matter with those floats has already been made clear to me. If it wasn't Fairy Tail, who else could it be? Moreover, the only person who has control over time is Lucy herself. With her personality, she probably decided to go deal with them herself."

"I don't get it," Sting murmured.

"Hm?" Jiemma perked up.

"I don't get why she wants to go by herself!" Sting punched the table before him, causing the room to shake. "I seriously don't get her!"

A lone tear ran down his face, only visible to Lector who stared at his partner in worry. Minerva, Rogue, and Frosch all looked away, a similar thought running through their minds. They, too, didn't seem to get her. They thought they had gotten her but every time, they second-guessed themselves. Did they truly understand Lucy or did they just persuade themselves that they did? Her decision this time left them at a loss for words and they couldn't understand why she had refused to let them come. Even if it was to leave them out of this mess, they believed that it wasn't that reason alone. Lucy knew more than anyone that this matter concerned the entirety of Sabertooth and not just herself.

"No," Jiemma rose from his seat. "Sting. You, out of anyone else standing in this room, understand Lucy."

Sting raised his head and looked at Jiemma, confused.