Chapter 35

Lucy opened her eyes as she stared at the ship, her dark chocolate brown eyes reflecting a determination that no one had seen before.

"Lucifer, it's time," she pointed her umbrella at it. "I'll stop your plan."

Lucy and Sting charged at the undead and the mass of the impurity, destroying it and tearing it away piece by piece. Their rukh fluttered around them in an excited frenzy as Hades, Zeref, Mavis, and the others soon followed. Fairy Tail seemed to stay back a bit as they processed everything that was happening but no one bothered with them.

"These things just keep on rising, don't they?" Orga cursed.

"Indeed. It's getting a bit tiring," Rufus agreed.

"Our main focus is to exhaust itself of its magoi," Irene said, blasting a whole row away. "Once it's out of magoi, we can focus on the main problem."

"From my estimations, it'll only be several more minutes until it exhausts itself. Considering the pace that those people are going at," Invel looked to where Lucy, Sting, Kyubey, Hades, Zeref, and Mavis were.

Seeing them battle, the others were left in a state of awe and shock at just how well they fought. They understood that Hades, Zeref, and Mavis were strong by themselves and were capable of standing up to these entities since they had the strongest magic but seeing Lucy and Kyubey fight together as a team was a whole another level. With each attack that Lucy made, Kyubey backed her up by protecting her from the other attacks. Each time the two went to attack, Lucy's qipao flowed alongside her, swinging her umbrella along with her, as Kyubey's rings shone a brilliant gold. The two were fast and overwhelming. They completely dominated the battlefield.

However, what surprised them the most was how Sting was keeping up with all of them. Even Hades, Zeref, and Mavis were at a disbelief as they saw how swiftly he moved and how much magoi he had within him.

"White Dragon's Holy Breath!" he yelled before following it up with a punch, his fists engulfed with his magic, eliminating an entire area of the undead.

Just how strong is he? Hades widened his eyes.

That's no way the level of a human, Zeref gritted her teeth, a bead of sweat rolling down the side of his face. That guy...he's no human.

That man...to possess this much power for a dragon slayer, Mavis jumped back from her enemy and looked at him. "Could he possibly have gained full control of his dragon counterpart? Impossible..."

But, that was the only possible explanation. As he cleared the entire area, more of the undead started to rise and though he continued fighting on, he missed the attack from the other side. Getting hit head-on with the undead's attack, it caused him to be smashed to the ground, creating a crater. However, as the smoke cleared, he stood up - swaying a little - and his sapphire blue eyes seemed to gleam. White dragon scales covered his body as he gritted his teeth, going back into fighting with more strength than ever.

"He's strong..." Rogue stared at him, at a loss for words.

"Sting-sama seems completely different from before," Yukino agreed but soon smiled. "But, compared to Lucy-sama, it seems like nothing."

"Rise from the ashes, Phoenix," Lucy opened her paper red umbrella, fire arising from it as it took on the form of a large blazing bird. It swept across the area and within a split second, the area was littered with flames. Resting her umbrella on her shoulder, she looked ahead. "I don't have time to deal with you guys so don't get in my way."

"Cerberus!" Hades commanded and the hellhound immediately went forward, destroying anything that laid in its way. "Binding thorns, entwine those that stand before me," Hades chanted. "Spiniensis!"