Chapter 21

The sun had made its way downhill and soon, the parade would be starting. Sting hurried around and made his way to Magnolia, desperately trying to pick up the scent and presence of the person he was looking for. He passed the crowds of people, panting and stopped to take a breather before running along some more. She was nowhere in sight and he had been looking for her for over at least three hours yet there was nothing.

Lucy, where are you?! he shouted in his mind.

He cursed at himself and continued running. He bumped into people countless of times but he continued on, stopping to only mutter a quick apology. He was running out of time and from the looks of it, the crowd was starting to gather along the road to Fairy Tail and that's when the crowd burst into joy and excitement. The parade was starting.

He weaved his way through and cursed under his breath.

"Lucy!" he yelled, his voice but a faint whisper among the shouts of the people.

Meanwhile~

The parade had long started and as expected of Fairy Tail, their parade was absolutely stunning and beautiful to the finest detail. Their floats were large and big and their performances were eye-catching. Confetti and balloons streamed in the air as magics burst into the air. Among the crowd stood Lucy as she watched them with scorn, her eyes flaring with hatred. She blended herself in so that no one would notice her but controlling her anger was difficult. She left the crowd, her cape trailing behind her as she walked away and lifted herself up, opening the red paper umbrella.

She stood in the far distance, watching them, her eyes dark. She remembered how she used to be a part of them, standing on those floats with a face of joy and bliss but now, she could only shudder in disgust. She narrowed her eyes and gripped the handle of her umbrella, the wind eerily blowing back her hair and cape.

"If this is the way you wish to play, then there's no need for me to abide by the rules anymore," she said and turned away, setting out to do what she intended to.

As the parade went on beneath her, she stood in the sky and focused on her targets. She could hear their laughter clearly and loudly. But as she thought back to what they did to her guild, she gritted her teeth in anguish. She glanced down at them and smirked. They wouldn't be laughing for too long.

Heed my call, Spirits of the Zodiac
By the order of thy Master,
I command thee
To appear before me!

Her body shone a brilliant gold as the rukh fluttered around her. Her keys that hung by her side glowed as the sound of a clock could be heard, their gates opening. Standing and appearing before her were Aquarius, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Scorpio, Cancer, and Saggitarius.

"You've called us, Lucy?" they bowed.

"You guys know what to do," she said with grimness. "Destroy all of it."

"Understood!"

They disappeared into the distance as buildings were torn down and destroyed, tanks of metal protruding through the structures and planks of wood came crashing down. They understood Lucy's anger for they themselves felt the same emotions. To be able to destroy the houses of the Fairy Tail members one by one was more than enough, a feeling of extreme excitement rising in their chest. They carried out her order gladly.

"Our floats were torn and destroyed while yours remains standing and proud," her face blank. "It's only fair that something of yours is also torn and destroyed, is it not?"

Lucy watched on as she made her way to Fairy Tail's guild.

She stopped before the guild, its banner hanging proudly. She narrowed her eyes and stepped into the guild, her umbrella by her side as the rukh fluttered alongside her. As she entered the guild and the clothes banged shut behind her, the banner bearing the insignia was torn to shreds in an instant. Lucy looked around, not a single soul in sight. The wooden floor creaked as she stepped on the boards. Looking around, she noticed that nothing had changed. The atmosphere was still as cold as ever.