Anger

Maya's POV

Riley and I carefully make our way to the subway station. Once we get on the subway, Riley spots Lucas and sits down next to him. They've been dating since the whole "ski lodge" conclusion. I know I should be happy for them, I did tell Lucas to pick Riles after all, but deep down, I still really like Lucas... oops.
When the subway stops, Riley grabs Lucas's hand and calls for me to come join them. Ugh, I hate being the third wheel. I guess that's what I get for telling Lucas to pick Riley. At least she's happy, that makes it a bit better.
We get to school just as the bell rings. Me and "Rucus" rush to history class. We go in to see Mr. Matthews standing in front of the board which reads "Anger"... Uh oh, I think I know what this one's about.
To make a long story short, Charlie Gardener started at Abigail Adams after Christmas break. He started to flirt with Riley and such. Especially when Lucas was around to annoy him. Unfortunately, it worked, so now Lucas is kinda really irritable. Almost anything will set him off, especially if it has to do with Riley. He'll start yelling or even punching.
"Anger" Matthews interrupts my thoughts, "who can tell me a consequence of anger?"
Only Farkle raises his hand.
"Farkle"
"Anger can cause people to get hurt, it can also cause people to say or do things they do not mean." Farkle answers.
"Very good," Mr. Matthews says, "Now who can tell me what might cause anger?"
*crickets chirp*
"Lucas?"
"Well this just got awkward," I mumble, hoping no one would hear me. Only one girl looks over, I think her name is Sarah or something.
"People can become angry for a lot of reasons," Lucas says under his breath.
"Care to elaborate?"
"Um..."
All of a sudden, the bell rings. We didn't get too much done in history as usual. We head out into the now crowded halls. Riley and I head over to our lockers to find none other than Charlie Gardener standing right beside Riley's locker.

A/N
Hi guys!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It'll get a lot more interesting soon! Anyway did anyone else hate Charlie Gardener with a burning passion during season 2
of gmw?
-Shawna💙