Jealous?

Lucas's POV

I'm casually walking over to my locker on Friday morning when I see something pretty unexpected. I stop in my tracks and walk backward a little.
I see Zay sitting on a bench with Maya beside him resting her head on his shoulder. Her face was tear-stained.
I stand there for a minute, confused. I mean, if Zay likes Maya, she is single. But I thought he told me he had a little (major) crush on Sarah.
I'm also confused because Maya looks as if she's been crying. She also seems like she feels totally safe with Zay. I just have a weird feeling about this...
I decide to go over and ask what's going on or something.
I walk over and stand right in front of them. They both look up and Maya jumps and sits up straight.
"Hey guys..." I say. I totally chickened out on asking about... that.
"Hey Lucas," Zay says.
"Maya, I missed you yesterday. Riley said you were like really sick," I tell Maya.
She just nods, looking down at her feet— or her boot.
"So, how's your ankle?" I ask awkwardly.
"Hurts," she whispers hoarsely.
Something's wrong here, I just can't figure out what.
Just then, the bell rings.
"I gotta go, see you guys later?"
Zay nods.
I run to my locker and then to class. I have English, Zay is in this class with me. Maybe I can talk to him before class starts, our English teacher is always late anyway.
I sit down and wait for Zay to come in. He's probably helping Maya to class. Y'know, crutches and books don't work too well together.
After a minute, he comes in and sits down beside me.
"Hey, buddy!" I say, a little too enthusiastically.
"Hello?" he says, confused.
"So, what was up with Maya back there?"
"Oh, you know, just frustrated about her ankle and stuff."
I'm not buying it yet.
"Well, you guys looked pretty close."
"Yeah, well I don't know man. I might still like her. I mean, who couldn't?"
"But, I thought you liked Sarah?"
"Hey, can't a guy like more than one girl?"
He does have a point.
I just can't shake this feelings that I have every time I think of Zay and Maya together. I just can't tell what it is.

A/N:
OML THANK YOU SO SO SOOOO MUCH FOR 1k READS I WAS LITERALLY EXPECTING THIS TO GET LIKE FIVE🎉🎉❤️
I hope you guys enjoyed this! Sorry it's kind of short!
ILY ALL SO MUCH
-Shawna😆