Sweet Little Unforgettable Thing

Maya's POV

After a few days, I regain my ability to use crutches and get around. Morgan still won't let me go upstairs. The swelling has not gone down as much as she would like, my foot barely fits it the boot and I'm still it constant tremendous pain. Morgan thinks something seems a little off.
My mom says I'm actually lucky that I'm here and not at home, her and shawn wouldn't be able to pay for surgery. Mom tried to convince Morgan that it should be her and Shawn's responsibility, but Morgan insists that she and Kermit pay. Morgan thinks that Olivia and her friends are 100% responsible for this happening so she feels she needs to make it up to me and my parents.
Anyway, today is Saturday. Morgan has a doctors appointment scheduled for my ankle this afternoon because she's worried. Later, she's taking me to see Pitch Perfect 3 and I'm honestly so excited. I'm glad that I have such a special bond with Morgan, it makes things a lot easier.
She's trying to figure out what I should do about school. She doesn't want me going places without her yet and really doesn't want me going back to school with Olivia. She's considering online school for the next couple of weeks.
• • • •
I get another x-ray and a ct-scan on my ankle. The doctor says that something's off for sure, he just doesn't know what. He's going to take a look at the scans and call Morgan tomorrow. We're all hoping that I don't need another surgery.
Now we're going to see Pitch Perfect 3. Morgan made an exception to her "no going out yet" rule because I really want to see it.
She buys snacks for us and we head into the theatre, we already have our tickets. I have popcorn and peanut M&Ms, my absolute favourite candy.
We settle in to watch the previews. Surprisingly, nobody else shows up in the theatre.
"This is great," I whisper, "I can sing as loud as I want without annoying anyone!"
Morgan laughs.
The movie starts with the iconic a cappella Universal theme.
I laugh, I sing (a LOT), I cry at the end and during the credits where it shows some bloopers and stuff from all three movies. The scene where the Bellas sang Freedom! '90 makes me cry so hard.
While we were driving home, Morgan says.
"Hey, you sure you don't want me to get on to Olivia about this? I feel terrible, she needs to be punished."
"I honestly don't know at this point. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about school, or Olivia, or my ankle. I'm really scared."
"Don't be scared! And please don't let Liv get to you. Hey, remember when Olivia and her friends called you a slut?"
"Yeah, that made me feel worthless."
"There's a song called S.L.U.T. it's by Bea Miller. It stands for Sweet Little Unforgettable Thing. Try and remember that."
"Okay," I whisper.
"You are not in any way a slut. You are a sweet little unforgettable thing."
I really need a hug now.
We pull into the driveway and Morgan helps me out of the car. She gives my a big tight hug, and we head inside.
I'm stuck on the couch for 90% of the time once again because the doctor doesn't want anything to get messed up any more. I'm also not allowed to wear my boot because of all the swelling.
The doctor suggested I ice it so Morgan fills up a big bucket of cold water and ice.
The second I put my foot in, I feel pins and needles all over. I begin to shiver because of the cold.
"Dad" brings be a blanket over and wraps it around my shoulders. I already can't feel my foot.
I last about five minutes before I have to take my foot out. I stay cold for the entire night, completely unable to get warm.
I drift off to sleep filled with much pain and much fear.
I used to think I was such a tough cookie. That seems to be gone.
I went from fierce like Beca to afraid like Chloe (Pitch Perfect again lmao).
I just feel so small and helpless.

A/N
hi guys!
sorry i just have to include pitch perfect in literally every chapter lmao i'm too obsessed😂
also i love bea miller so much and s.l.u.t. is such a bop
anyway i hope you enjoyed this and OH MY GOD I TOTALLY FORGOT THIS HIT 2K READS TYSM GUYS ILY
-shawna