Prologue

MONTHS BEFORE OLLIE'S DEATH

NOWHERE, STAR CITY

"Hey Kid." I hug my SON and then let him go. "How are you?" I say painfully seeing him all grown up. Time moves fast when I'm not around. I watch William play with his Green Arrow action figure silently ignoring me being shy. He plays in the living room as the TV plays all sorts of music videos.

I sit next to William on the floor and watch him starring at him

I sit next to William on the floor and watch him starring at him. What will happen to him if I'm never here? I've always wanted to have a big impact on his life and I failed him on that. My father gave me the perfect childhood but I quickly found out he was a bad man.

I spent years taking all these terrible men down when I came to only realize that the real monster behind these strings was my father. It just made the pain and suffering of existence worst. Now it's like I'm in the same position as my father with William. I've done a lot of things that he wouldn't be proud of.

I continue to watch William play with his toys and then look around the house. I see a Rolling Stones magazine with a leather jacket punk on the cover with a band behind him. I grab the magazine and bring it closer to me and see my one and only. Drake.

I smile down at him since I've missed him. I haven't seen Drake for the longest time. I stare at the cover and remember his voice, his attitude, his love for me. I begin to remember his body and waking up not next to me. He had to go, live his life, his dream. Without me.

I put the magazine away and then hear a familiar voice playing music on the TV. I look away from William and stare at the TV and see a live show at London.

I continue to watch it and the show begins with the singer in the dark humming. All of a sudden the blue and yellow lights shine on the singer and the band behind him.

"I've been watching you, for sometime. Can't stop starring at those ocean eyes." I hear Drake sing his song and I smile at him as he must've not forgotten about me. He's singing about my ocean eyes.

I continue to watch Drake sing and smile at him

I continue to watch Drake sing and smile at him. Not without me. I continue to watch him sing as he stares throughout the crowd of people. The crowd of couples together loving each other to his music.

"You really know how to make me cry. When you give me those ocean eyes. I'm scared." Drake sings and I smile at the screen of Drake. "I've never fallen from quite this high, falling into your ocean eyes. Those ocean eyes." Drake sings his final lines and then backs away from the microphone with his cool streetwear clothes. He stands back and stares at the crowd and then the lights. I watch him closely as his eyes are watery and he clenches his jaw. He misses home.

"Thank you!" Drake says into the microphone upset and then walks away from the stage disappearing into the darkness. The channel shows a different performance and it's over for me.

I take my phone out and go to my camera roll seeing the photos of me and Drake on there. I stare at them, missing him. Wanting him back in my life everyday. Come back to me Drake.

"Who is that?" I hear William as he breaks me out of my thoughts. I don't turn my phone off like I would usually but take pride in Drake.

"Someone special." I say to William and he smiles.

"He looks super cool and awesome." William says and I laugh.

"Trust me, he is. And a lot more." I say to William and then kiss his head.