35

STARLING CITY METRO, STATION D
Black Canary

"What happened to this place?" I ask as the entire Team Arrow walks together through the debris of an unkept and abandoned metro station. The entire metro has been abandoned, and shut off for years. I look around the metro as the ceiling looks to be collapsed, pillars cracked, and train carts covered in graffiti and art of The Green Arrow. Ollie looks at the graffiti and realizes his significance and impact on Star City and it makes him proud. I keep my eye on him always watching every step he takes, as wearing the hood might trigger PTSD and cause him to revert back to the Ghost Archer. Martian warned me about this, but Ollie was the one who was willing to go out with me and didn't give me an option to say no.

"In 2013, when I first started as The Hood, Merlyn used a Markov Device that could mimic natural disasters on the city. He caused an Earthquake all over The Glades and it affected parts of Star City." Ollie begins to explain the story and I begin to remember the event. I didn't think it would've affected this far into the city. "A lot of people died that night." He refers to the 503 casualties and it breaks my heart.

I remember, because Tommy Merlyn had died in that event. I remember how it broke my sister's heart and changed her entire view on life.

We continue to walk through the tunnels until I see Silver Siren in his red suit playing on a game on his phone while leaning against a pillar. We stand back and Silver hears Rene make a slight loud step moving a rock with his boot.

"Don't be shy." Silver speaks up and I walk out first out of the darkness as Silver puts his phone away. The team follows me from behind and I stand with Silver as Ollie pulls out a small arrow in his hand ready to attack. Silver looks at Ollie's little arrow and smirks. "Still don't trust me huh? How can we change that?" Silver asks and I look over at Ollie wanting him to put it away as Silver won't hurt us. He can't get what he wants if I'm dead.

"Start by taking us to Deathstroke." Ollie says calling Joe by his father's name and it makes me uncomfortable. Silver nods and begins walking through the tunnels and we follow him. I walk with Silver side by side as the team stands by a couple of feet away, still scared of him.

"From here on out, Joe's men control the tunnels and they're not your average brawlers." Silver says stating the obvious as he begins to sound passionate about helping me. He's doing the right thing, even if he thinks he isn't.

"Yeah well neither are we." I respond back gathering my team as we walk down the steps of a tunnel and enter into an area filled with armed hostile mercenaries. We ambush the mercenaries and Silver helps distract them, as all of Team Arrow take down the armed guards. Ollie takes them down silently with his arrows, and I sneak behind them choking each one out.

"This way." Silver whispers and we all follow him as he stands by a doorway heading into the water treatment section of Star City. As we all walk in Silver waits by the doorway making sure everyone is in and suddenly the gate to the doorway shuts trapping us in. I quickly turn around to see Silver behind the door clenching his jaw disappointed in himself and I look at him confused.

"What the hell?!" I shout getting angry starring directly at Silver as I walk up to the gate to see him. He stands by the gate being serious and starring directly back at me calmly.

"I had to find a way to stop him from going to kill me." Silver confesses as he's only worried about himself and no one else. I should've known better, but apart of me wanted to believe he was good.

"You're making a serious mistake." I threaten Silver and he backs away from the gate fearing me.

"Not as serious as yours." I hear an Australian accent echo through the sewer and I turn around to see Deathstroke walk out with armed mercenary men aiming their guns at us. All of Team Arrow raises their hand in the air giving up as we're outnumbered and I don't bother. I could use my canary cry and escape, but if I do, there's a chance that the entire tunnel will collapse on us.