50

MONTHS LATER

LANCE CABIN
Oliver Queen

I hold a big box marked Canary Bunker and walk into my new home as it's in the middle of the woods by a beautiful lake. The cabin is beautiful home with 3 bedrooms with a lot of space for a lot of things. This was Drake's dream, to live in the cabin after all this and I made it happen for him. I walk up the stairs into the spare empty room that I will make my little museum of Green Arrow and Black Canary.

I place that box in the room as it's the last of all the boxes that I packed. These are all the sentimental items that Drake kept in the Canary bunker. These items include things like Laurel's mask and suit, Drake's albums and posters. Little Green Arrow and Black Canary action figures. Artifacts and objects the Drake kept along the way in his adventures. Framed photos of Team Arrow, the photo of Drake and I in Russia, and Slade with Will.

Felicity had taken taken over the bunker and she plans to stay in Star City. I in the other hand have no more business in Star City. I'm staying in this cabin, near a small town where nobody knows my name.

I open one of the Canary bunker boxes and as I do I find one of Drake's debut album posters. I pull it out as it's already framed and I smile at the poster. 'Kicking and Screaming' was the name of his first album, and it was what I called him. The Kicking and Screaming Black Canary.

I look around the room trying to find the perfect spot to place this on the wall and I do. I walk towards the wall and place nail in the wall. I hang up the framed poster of his debut album and I look at the album seeing him being the rockstar he is.

I look out the open window and see a bright yellow canary fly in. Drake. The canary flies into the office, and perches on top of one of the boxes.

"Hey." I say to it quietly walking towards it as it doesn't fly away. It's not scared of me. The bird hops around the box and I take it as a sign to open it. The bird flies to another box and I open this box and as I do, I see Drake's Black Canary leather jacket with the canary on the back. The iconic jacket that he never stopped fighting in.

I take it out knowing Drake would want me to hang this immediately and the bird is smart for knowing that. I find one of the mannequins that I'll be using to dress Drake's uniform on and place the jacket on the mannequin. I look at the bird, and the bird flies on the shoulder of the leather jacket.

I reach my hand to it slowly and the bird jumps on it. "You like it so far?" I talk to the canary as I know it must be Drake's soul. "It's coming together." I say looking around the room seeing the boxes still taped heavily and the poster hung up, along with Drake's jacket on the mannequin. The bird chirps and I chuckle softly imagining that Drake would say, 'Very slowly'.

"I know... but we'll get there." I say and the bird chirps again. The bird sings something and then flies away from my hand and out the window back into the wild. As I look out the window I see Drake's doppelgänger walk out of sleek black Audi towards the lake. What's Silver doing here?

I make my way out of the house, joining up with Silver as he stares out into the lake where Drake bathed in when he was younger according to Quentin. I stand next to Silver as we don't talk and stare out into the lake and the beautiful mountains with their tips always covered in a light layer of snow. It's a beautiful view.

 It's a beautiful view