37

10 HOURS LATER

NARITA, JAPAN
Drake Lance

We arrive in Tokyo and as we walk around the airport I spot a TV playing the news. Silver follows me from behind and I stop as I stare at the TV looking at a bird's eye view from a helicopter of my city. CNN reports the story internationally and it breaks my heart as I continue to watch the footage of my city in complete chaos.

"He did exactly what he said he was going to do." Silver Siren says with a flat tone with no emotion whatsoever. I look at the bridges burning, as they're destroyed. The ports are filled with what seems like mercenaries controlling what comes in and what comes out of Star City. There's no hope for my city.

"We have been provided with special footage from one of our journalist in Star City, this may not be suited for the normal audience." Anderson Cooper, the anchorman speaks as he's in fear. The footage begins to show and it is an audio and video of Joe Wilson in the Deathstroke suit without his mask on.

Joe stands on top of a car in front of Iron Heights prison with his mercenaries surrounding him. He looks around clenching his jaw with pride and ego. "We are taking Star City from the corrupt! The wretched! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity! And we are giving it back to you, the people. Star City is yours. None shall interfere, no Green Arrow and no Black Canary!" Joe says as he has my people wrapped around his finger. "Do as you please. But start by storming Iron Heights, and freeing the oppressed!" The footage manages to capture a tank blowing up the entrance of the prison and all the thugs running in. "Step forward those who'd serve, for an army will be raised! The powerful will be ripped from their decorated lairs, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure!" He says as he's talking to the 60% of Star City's lower class. "Spoils will be enjoyed! Blood will be shed! The police will survive as they learn to serve TRUE Justice." He speaks about my father and he's not safe, no one is safe. My father like all of us Lance kids are survivors, but at his age, I have no idea. "This great city will endure, Star City will survive!" His speech finishes and the footage cuts off.

Anderson Cooper manages to show other footage of riots happening on avenues with luxury stores being destroyed and robbed. Big corporate buildings being broken into and burnt down. My city is in complete chaos and there is absolutely nothing that I can do. I don't know where to start. As more footage shows on the news, I notice something in the background of one of the videos and it looks awfully familiar. The Q-Core. The footage shows the Q-core being stored into a truck and the camera person doesn't notice what it is, but neither would anyone.

"That's why he needed Oliver's fingerprints." I say in shock and Silver looks at me confused as he didn't see it. "He's going to detonate the Q-core." I tell him and Silver gives me no emotion neither empathy at all, he doesn't know how to react.

"So what now? We go find his daddy and tell him to pick him up?" Silver mocks me as we walk away from the TV and head to the train station. "We just saw Joe recruit almost the entire city, and the entire prison on TV. We are outnumbered, by... I don't know... A lot."

"Slade should have some way to stop him, maybe some connections to help me take Joe down." I say determined and I won't give up, not when my home is being taken over by a mad man. "That asshole isn't getting away with this." We both find our train and get on as we head into the city.

We sit comfortably in the chairs together and it gets silent as Silver reads a newspaper in Japanese. I watch him read the newspaper as he seems interested and I can't help but become curious as to how he can read.

"I can feel you starring, and I want you to stop." Silver says annoyed and then closes the newspaper and stares directly at me. Never in a million years did I think to myself, that I'd ever meet my doppelgänger. Meeting Laurel's wasn't fun, she was manipulative and most of all nothing like her. That Laurel had told me that my doppelgänger, Silver Siren was killed but yet, he is here.