♡04♡ This and That

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Time's up." Ranfa was currently on top of a tree because she had climbed up to escape Hajime. 

"As usual, it's thanks to your ideas that we can avoid Hajime." Rock began to climb down. As he did so, he carried Ranfa down by holding her by the waist. He noticed how she was not ranting or angry. In fact, he thought she looked somewhat confused. "Something on your mind?" 

"Did you see the way Michiyo hugged onto the stupid monkey? She got in the way just to protect him from me." To be honest, she sort of did see that coming; Michiyo has always been the kindest from the two of them, it's expected that michiyo would have more sympathy for others. 

"And?" 

"...I don't want my sister to see this side of me. Ever." 

"But she already knows you're a delinquent." It's inevitable Michiyo will see Ranfa in action because they go to the same school and even end up in the same class. It's just a matter of time.

"Yeah, but knowing and seeing it with her own eyes are two different things." When they finally reached the ground, Ranfa sighed. 

"Are you unhappy because she's friends with the monkey?" 

"It's not that. It's just I'm not that surprised that she would end up being friends with him." 

Rock folded his arms in thought, "I am a guy, but I guess you can't call him ugly." 

The girl shook her head in disagreement, "No, my sister likes animals; Samon looking like a monkey gave him bonus points." Her comment made Rock laugh because he didn't expect her to suddenly burn the monkey boss of 5th Academy right on the spot. He wiped a tear away and he pat Ranfa's head, "Good. For a second I thought you were thinking about that." 

"That, huh?" 

"You're not blaming yourself, are you?" 

She didn't say a thing about it. "Let's go, Rock." 

"Ranfa," He held her wrist, stopping her from walking away. "If you're tired, you can just say it. Nothing wrong with admitting it. 

Ranfa looked back with a forced smile, "Thanks, but I am fine." 

He could see that the mask was still on. It wasn't just Rock; Uno, Nico, and even Jyugo could see through Ranfa like glass. They all secretly wished she wouldn't burden herself with the past, but they didn't know how to fix something that could never be fixed. All they could do was live on, create a better future, and hope that the past wouldn't drag any of them down. 

"Ranfa..." No matter how many times they tried to save Ranfa from the past, they couldn't pull her away from the darkness. He wished there was a way to save her from it. "Hey, let's go to the convenience store and get some snacks for everyone!" 

"You mean for you to steal during midnight snacking?" She gave him a gentle push, "That's for eating my pudding! It clearly had my name on it!" 

"I only saw pudding!"

"You're an ass."

...

When Ranfa returned home with Rock, dinner was already set. 

"Ranfa-chan, Rock!" Nico was happy to see that they're back in time for dinner, "Shiro made chicken korma with garlic naan!" 

"Oh! We came home right on time!" 

"Ojou, you want to go and knock on for Michi?" Uno requested of Ranfa.