9

Y/N POV

I woke up to the sound of knocking at my door. I sighed as I stood up to get the door. I opened the door to see team CFVY.

"Do you need something?"I asked. The faunus in front handed me a container.

"Hello! We just wanted to welcome you to Beacon since we live across from you!"she said.

"And we made you a cake."said tall man with thick armor.

"Why thank you Velvet."I said as I grabbed the cake.

"You're welco...wait what?"Velvet asked with a puzzled look.

"What?"I asked as I put the cake on the counter next to the door.

"How do you know her name?"asked a girl in a brown jacket with black sunglasses and a black beret.

"You don't know me but I know you, Coco Adel."I said. They were all taken aback. A large boy in heavy armor approached me.

"We do not wish for a fight."said the boy.

"I never said anything about a fight Shinji Yatsuhashi."I said.

"How do you know us?"asked a red haired boy

"Well all I do is read minds Fox Alistair."I said.

"A mind reader eh? What am I thinking?"said Coco.

"I don't think your team wants to know."I said. Coco smiled.

"How did you know!"said Coco with a laugh.

"Well thanks for the cake!"I said. They smiled before I closed the door. My smile faded into a frown.

'I hate this place.'I thought. I looked at my list of things to do and read I had a class in Prof. Port right now.

'CRAP!'I thought as I grabbed my sword and rushed out the door. I made into class 5 minutes late.

"Ah Mr. L/N glad for you to drop in."Prof. Port said with a frown. I shrugged as I took a seat.

"Well you know you people REALLY need to fix your clocks. My clock said 10:30 PM while my watch said 10:30 AM so I don't know who to trust!"I said. A few snickers and giggles emerged.

"Very well then. Today we are going to talk about monsters, demons or Grimm. I call them prey!"said Port with a laugh. I rolled my eyes through my helmet.

"Now if anyone would like to demonstrate how to kill a Grimm please come forward."said Port. I raised my hand. 

"I'll do it."I said.

"A volunteer."said Port as he gestured me to come forward. I did so as I walked to the front of the classroom. I turned around to see teams RWBY, JNPR, and CFVY. I frowned as Weiss gave me a dirty look. I shrugged it off.

"Now let the fight begin!"said Port as he unlocked a large cage. A Beowulf emerged from inside the cage and slowly approached me. I held my sword in ready position. The beowulf pounced at me as I raised my hands toward it. The beowulf seemed to stop mid air as he sulked back down to the ground. The beowulf looked at me with sad eyes.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you."I said as I approached the Grimm. The wulfs eyes lit up as I scratched him behind his ears. He turned over and panted.

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? You are! Yes you are!"I said as I scratched him on the belly.

"Come on."I said gesturing to the wolf. He followed me back to my chair as I took my seat and the Grimm sat next to me.

"You need a name, how about Crowley?"I asked. The grimm nodded. I smiled as I looked back up at Port whose eyes were wide along with the whole class.

"What? As a good friend once told me, not all Grimm are mindless beasts."I quoted.

"Well uh..."Prof. Port started before the bell rung.

"Class dismissed."I said as I walked out with Crowley. I turned around 10  minutes later to see all 3 teams following me.

"Oh for the love of Talos!"I said through gritted teeth.

"You might as well be carrying signs that say 'Hey Y/N we are stalking you'!"I said. I turned into my room with team RWBY CFVY and JNPR sneaking behind me.

"Come on in, I copied Velvets cake recipe and made a few more cakes if you want them..." Ruby stood still.

"...and cookies."I said in a singsong voice. Ruby dashed into my dorm and grabbed the plate full of cookies.

"And pancakes for Nora."I said as well. Nora was gone in a flash and came back with a plate full of pancakes.

"Dig in!"I said.

1 hour later....'in spongebob squarepants narrator voice.

Ruby's POV

I watched as Y/N and his pet grimm Crowley played an intense round of chess.

"What did I miss?"asked Yang as she sat at the table with me.

"Y/N is playing chess with Crowley."I said.

"NO WAY!"said Yang as she looked at Y/N's intense game of chess. Crowley looked with furrowed eyebrows at the chessboard before a smile came across his face. Crowley then moved a piece three times in a row as Y/N's jaw dropped.

"Checkmate."said Crowley.