↳ 25. IRL

VALERIA KEPT CHEWING HER lower lip anxiously to the point where it would fall off

VALERIA KEPT CHEWING HER lower lip anxiously to the point where it would fall off. She was watching a scene between Chris, Mark, Tessa and Tom and her eyes kept finding themselves staring at Tom when she tried to stare at other objects in the room. Taika was even sensing her anxiousness when he heard Valeria's leg bouncing next to him and looked at the woman weirdly.

"What's got you hot and bothered, Val?" Taika asked her, making the woman jump because she didn't realize she was being talked to. "Christ- you've gone mental."

"Forgive me Taika," Valeria apologized and then sighed. "Just tired and slightly hungover. That's all."

"No, there's more to it. I see it all over your face." he grinned.

"Pft, no." she lied terribly and turned her head to either side of her before asking in a hushed voice, "Is it that obvious?"

Taika nodded and chuckled, "When I was giving everyone a pep talk earlier, you were staring down Tom like he was a piece of meat." her face reddened in a a deep blush as he smirked lightly, "Do did you two do it? Because that's all I'm getting here-"

"Jesus no-" Valeria shook her head quickly and spoke in a soft tone, "we just... made out. A bit... and we both happened to be very drunk at the time-"

"And you wanna talk about it- OH!" he slapped his forehead in realization. "I'm so dumb,wow." he chuckled, but ceased his small laughter when he saw Valeria's uneasiness about the situation. So his eyes and face softened before gently placing his arms on her shoulders, "You should go ask him if he remembers anything and just go on from there. At least, that's what I'd do and I don't know what you originally had planned."

"That's a better idea... so I'll go with that." she chuckled lightly before kissing his cheek. "Thanks for the help, boss man."

Taika playfully swatted her away and put his headphones back over his ears. "Now shoo, I've got shit to do."

Valeria rolled her eyes, but had a small smile painted on her lips as she saluted Taika and started on her search for Tom. As the two were talking, their scene ended and Tom along with everyone else was called to break. So she popped her head into every tent she passed by until she stopped and saw that he was talking to the makeup artist.

She tentatively walked towards them, hosing her clipboard in hand as their conversation ended and Tom turned to her with a dazzling smile, "Good morning, Valeria."

"Actually it's afternoon," she corrected him with a sly grin before moving some stay hairs over her ear. "But besides that, how are you?"

"Trying to act as if my hangover isn't anything." he laughed off. "You?"

"Same thing actually, my head is killing me but oh well, I asked for it." she chuckled quietly, internally screaming at her awkwardness.

Tom grinned and brushed away some hair from her face as it was covering her eyes, and gave her a soft smile. "At least your doing well. I'd hate to see you sick and groggy."

"Hey, uh- what do you remember about last night? After everyone left and all-"

"Why do you ask?" he rose a dark brow at her, his stomach bubbling with worry.

"Because.... I want to make sure our stories match up, duh." she laughed slightly, her voice coming off uneasy.

Tom shrugged and chuckled softly as he pulled at his collar while swiping his tongue over his lower lip. "Well I'm the worst person to ask honestly. I don't remember anything from last night, I was completely smashed. And forgive me for whatever happened, drunk me is not the best person." God he hated lying.

Valeria's throat closed up as she felt her heart heavy at his words. She tried to maintain her small smile and nodded softly, before clearing her throat. "O-Oh don't worry- nothing... nothing happened. It's okay, no need to apologize."

He looked at her warily but nodded softly, trusting her words. "Are you alright, Val? Do you need-"

"I think I'm being called back to Taika," she said quickly and turned on her heels, her breathing quickening slightly before she looked over her shoulder and feigned a smile at him. "We'll talk later, okay? Taika hates it when I'm late."

"Yeah yeah, of course." Tom slowly nodded as she sent him another fake smile and began to walk away, leaving him with an unsettling feeling. Val's words somehow didn't match her tone and that didn't make him feel any better.

Why did Tom lie to her? Of course he knew what happened last night. It was one of the best moments he's ever had. But there was a voice nagging him, telling him that he couldn't ruin their friendship over a silly drunken kiss. As much as it hurted him to play dumb, he secretly knew it was for the best. So he watched her walk away, her dark locks bouncing with every step she took before directing his attention away to Chris who was asking him something he really didn't care about.

And as Valeria walked away, she furiously wiped away the tears that were falling from her eyes and tried to smile at everyone she passed by to appear as normal as she could. But she couldn't help but feel her heart break at the fact that Tom didn't remember the events of last night. She also hated that she didn't say anything about it. With her pounding headache and heavy heart, Valeria tried to go on with her day while silently screaming at herself, not noticing the quick glances Tom sent her as the day progressed.

This had to be one of the worst hangovers she's ever experienced.

☆☆☆

plot twist whoops?¿

and honestly "you'll be in my heart" that song from tarzan, is what i imagine to be one of taleria's theme songs. what other songs do you think represent their relationship/friendship?