Chapter Twenty-one

I lay there with a huge headache and I haven't even opened my eyes yet. I slowly do and look around the room it spins slightly as I sit up, the room is unfamiliar and I spot my clothes lay crumpled in the corner. I must be at Tommy's. He is so nice, there is a bucket beside me and also a glass of water. I start to feel my stomach churn and I reach for the bucket, throwing up in it, I take a sip of water and lay back down.

I drift in and out of consciousness about four times, each time I throw up into a clean bucket and take a sip from a full glass. The fifth time I wake, there is nothing to vomit so I drain the water noticing how my throat is dry and aches, just like my whole body. I slowly swing my legs out of bed and look down at myself, I'm in only my underwear. I see my phone on the charger and unplug it, there are about fifty messages. Most from boys wanting to hookup at Jake's, others wanting to know how smashed I was and when I would wake up -it is 2pm now- one from Katherine asking about how the night was and when I need to be picked up, two from Carol and Emma and one from Tommy. Wait. What?

I open Tommy's message and read it quickly.

Told Emma and Carol where I dropped you, I made sure you got to the front door. Please text back so I know it is actually your aunties not a drunk decision and you aren't being raped.

What the fuck? I look around the room closely, I don't have an aunty that lives nearby. So where the fuck am I? I send an all good message to Tommy and then look at Carol and Emma's messages.

Carol:

Ange, Tommy said he dropped you on Hepno Street. Who lives there? I'm sure you are fine, just text me.

Emma:

Angie, if you have flaked in a paddock please ring because it is winter. Although all that alcohol in you my keep you warm. I know you won't be hurt, just text back. I worry, xx.

I look around the room again, my brain is so foggy and confused it isn't connecting anything that may help me work out where I am. I look out the window, rain is coming down so finely it is like mist, it casts a mysterious effect over the mountains. I shiver, remembering I'm only in my underwear. At least it is sexy for this stranger. My clothes are gone from the corner and start to realise that I don't know where I am, I panic a little. I text Carol and Emma.

I have no clue where I am. I blacked out, I can't remember the night at all. If I don't get back to you guys send help.

I open the door and step out in a hallway, it is freezing and I really wish that I have a jumper on. I wrap my arms around myself and walk slowly down the hallway, it ends in an open kitchen, living room and dining room area, it is vaguely familiar. A woman sits on the couch reading a book, she looks up.

"You're up," she says cheerfully.

"What the fuck am I doing here?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"I don't know, you tell me love," she says amused.

I cross the room and sit in armchair across from the fireplace.

"Last thing I remember is leaving my house at eight last night."

"My God, you were drunker then you seemed," Miss Winnett says, laughing slightly.

"Why? What did I do?" Times before when I have been really drunk, I have done some weird and irresponsible things. Coming to my teachers house is nearly topping the list at the moment.

She smirks and gets up. "Let's get you dressed first."

I follow her down the hallway and into another room, her room. It is massive, a four poster bed in the middle, glass doors that open onto a balcony overlooking mountains with white drapes that flow in the air hanging on them.

"Your clothes are still in the wash, but you can wear mine if that isn't weird." She looks at me standing there in my underwear and smiles slightly. "You don't have a choice actually, you can't wear your black lace underwear around your teachers house." She pulls out a long sleeve shirt and jumper that could easily fit two of me.

"Why do you have a jumper that big?" I ask curiously, she is probably only three sizes bigger then me and that jumper is probably like 10.

"It is a comfort jumper, don't judge. You can have a shower, you probably have sweat salt all over your body. Just pop in there." She points to the ensuite, hands me the clothes and walks out of the room.

I felt awkward standing there in just my underwear so I'm glad she is gone. I pull out my phone and text Carol and Emma, telling them everything is fine and I know where I am.