Chapter Fifty-three

'Come on, open your fucking eyes,' I urge in my head.

She doesn't. My heart aches looking at her and all I want to do is yell out her name and run over to her. I play the last riff and the drum goes one last time. A few of the poetical people who understood the meaning of the song are either crying or looking hit by the lyrics, Natalie is one of these people. The others are clapping and cheering.

"Thank you guys so, so much." Lily says genuinely and holds her heart.

We all meet in the middle and bow, I scan the crowd for Nat and I see her yellow jumper already pushing its way through the crowd. I practically run off the stage and put my guitar down on the couch backstage, sitting beside it and trembling with my head in my hands.

"What happened, Ange?" Lily says in confusion.

"Are you ok?" Ellie asks concerned.

"I saw her, too." Alice says to me quietly and looks at me understandingly. She grabs my coat from beside me and hands it to me. "Go. Run," She urges.

I pull my coat on and grab my bag, running out the door and into the alley. The cold hits me and I pull my coat around me tighter, I untie my hair to disguise myself from the fans. I wish my shoes weren't so noticeable and high, white platforms and cobblestone alleyways seem to be a recipe for a broken ankle. The street is deadly quite, although the deafening sound from inside is disturbing the peace. I look around for a yellow jumper, I can't see one and I turn to go back inside, sad and disappointed. I take one last look and I see her, she is wearing a long black coat and I catch a flash of yellow underneath. My heart is pounding in my chest and I feel sick to my stomach with excitement and nerves, I hobble down the street quickly to try and catch her and as I'm just about there, so I slow down to a walk. She hasn't heard me and seems to be in a rush, I walk at her speed and beside her, she still doesn't realise that I'm right here with her. My heart throbs when I see it is truly her and I look down at her, she is silently crying. I put my hands in my pockets and move closer to her, I'm a head taller in these shoes.

"Surely you aren't pining for me after all this time?" I say in amusement and smile at her cheekily.

She stops dead in her tracks and looks up at me, she clasps a hand to her mouth and starts to cry.

I laugh in pure happiness and smile. Natalie throws her arms around me and hugs me. I grab her hands and hold them in mine and I kiss her. It is like the first kiss all over again, expect it feels so right and everything knows where to go. Fireworks go off in my head and my heart feels so happy. We break away and Nat laughs in giddiness before giving me a small peck on my cheek and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I've missed you." she says to me and smiles lovingly at me.

"So have I." I grab her hand and hold it.

"Want to come back to mine?" She asks.

"Mine isn't too far away." I say and point to the a skyscraper.

We walk there holding hands and leaning on each other, every five steps we look at each and smile at our luck and every 20 we give each other a peck on the lips. We talk about small things and we can hardly finish a sentence because we are so happy.

"Hello, Miss Rayford," David, the doorman greets.

"Hey, Dav."

I hit the up button on the elevator and it dings open, I pull Natalie inside, press my number and turn to face her. She is leaning against the wall and looking at me, smiling. She has cut her hair to shoulder length and even though is older, she looks more youthful. She smiles at me in a devilish way and crosses the elevator to me. She grabs my waist and slips her hand through the cut out and cups my boob, I kiss down along her neck and gently bite her ear lope. The elevator opens and we are on my level, I shuffle through my bag looking for my keys and I when I find them, I swing the door open and pull Nat in, locking it behind me. I dump my bag, flick off my shoes, shoulder off my coat and grab Natalie by the hand and lead her to my bedroom. Finally we are the same height and as soon as we get into the bedroom, she takes charge. Pushing me onto the bed and crawling over me, I flick her to the bottom and kiss her neck, I slip a hand up the yellow jumper and she gasps.

"Cold." She mutters, meaning my hands.

I pull off her jumper and she unzips my top.

"I can't believe I let you go so easy," she whispers.