-Chapter 17-

(Warning: There is quite some gore in this chapter. So, you better be prepared!)

It all happened fast. While Sebastian was on his way to the Vatican, he finally heard it; Ciel's agonized voice calling out to him.

He immediately broke into a full sprint and was inside the room his bluenette called him from in nearly the same second. His eyes widened to comic proportions, when his wine-red eyes caught the all too familiar cinematic records fly inside Ciel's chest. The teen was unconscious, something that worried Sebastian even more.

"He came too fast!" Grelle shouted from the other side of the room, gaining Sebastian's attention. At the same time, he observed for a brief moment William and Othello as well. 'So, these three are behind it.'

A wave of rage flew inside him, thinking that they're hurting Ciel. In both his lives, he suffered too much. Why couldn't this goddamn boy have a peace of mind for a change? He didn't realize that Claude who was following him, entered the room as well through the window. He didn't even question his own thoughts before snapping at Othello.

His eyes started to glow and black-flames covered his entire body. Thorns were now present on the top of his head and his nails grew impossibly fast. His true form started to take over, ready to tear Othello's head from his body. If he wanted for his plan to succeed, he has to release the majority of his rage. After all, a fight with these reapers was a pain. For the record, he's glad that Undertaker died a century ago.

William's eyes furrowed right before he takes out his death scythe. He was not aware of the other demon Sebastian's accompanied with. It's quite a surprise, considering the fact that his golden eyes were screaming bloody murder. Although, he did not have the time to think much about it. It seemed unnecessary. Of course, he made sure to show no visible reaction to the sudden turn of events. "Really now," he started, pointing his scythe at Sebastian, "That Phantomhive boy always managed to give me more work than necessary."

But when William ran to get Sebastian out of the way, his eyes caught a glimpse of strings a little bit too late.

Claude grinned and pulled the strings with ease, seeing the reaper losing his balance. Grelle was fast enough to cut the strings right before William fell to the ground. "Hey, don't touch my Will with your disgusting strings you moron!" He screamed. That moment he jumped and pointed his chainsaw towards Claude.

The amber-eyed demon tilted his body to the right just in time to avoid the death scythe. His left fist found directly Grelle's face, sending him to the other side of the room.

Meanwhile, Sebastian had already pushed Othello away from Ciel. The reaper growled, knowing that he couldn't see the boy's record from that distance. He had to get closer, but he was never good at fighting. He only cared about anything to do with science. That's why he took a particular liking to Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis. Because he saw them as test subjects.

Sebastian looked at Ciel from outside the cage and with his hands, he yielded the silver bars easily. The cinematic records were now gone, probably inside Ciel. For a moment, he thought that the reapers tried to fill his mind with horrible memories to drive him insane, so without thinking, he took the teen in his hands and rested his palm on his forehead whispering words in a dead language to see what Ciel is seeing.

The images of Ciel's previous life flashed through his mind. He could see everything from his perspective. But Sebastian was able to see also how Ciel died.

His rage increased to the point he was growling. He was the biggest idiot of the century for not realising sooner.

***

Ciel felt like he was flying. The scent of fresh air filled his lungs – whenever if it was his imagination or not –, providing some sort of comfort. Surprisingly it was kind of cold. The only thing he could see was pure white. It didn't matter if he turned his head to look around; everything was the same. Peaceful, yet terrifying.