-Chapter 20-

((Hey guys, remember Sebastian's and Claude's dialogue from chapter 12 where Sebastian wants to learn about Claude's "secret lover"? Probably not, so I'm going to remind you that there was someone in his life that made him feel the special emotion of love.))

The next morning, Ciel's eyes fluttered open and was greeted with a very quiet room. And a sleeping Sebastian beside him.

Well, that was a sight to behold.

'He's not really sleeping...is he?'

Curiously, he reached one hand in front of the demon's face and shook it up and down a few times. He didn't move.

A soft smile appeared on his lips. This is maybe the second time in his life seeing Sebastian sleeping. He recalled the demon saying that his kind was, in fact, capable of sleeping, but mostly for recreational reasons.

And so, he just stared at him with a soft look, while thinking of last night.

Everything happened fast, was his conclusion. It was only yesterday morning when he woke up from a near death experience. Then, thorough the day, he felt so worked up, to the point where all of this evolved into sexual tension. But he truly missed being in Sebastian's arms. That was something he ought to admit.

But those words...They seemed so far away at some point. So, hearing them now felt like a blessing.

I love you.

These three, simple words. Three words that can possibly mean the world to someone. Including Ciel. He indeed said that he fell in love with Sebastian, but it was mostly his frustration speaking. He spoke without being entirely sure and it took him a while to realize what it really meant to Sebastian.

A pang of guilt waved his small smile away. Now, Ciel is aware of his feelings. His mind is clear and his heart is beating faster the more time he spends thinking about it.

All of a sudden, he felt overwhelmed. Is this how he felt back then? Or was it just his need of someone to open their arms for him, to make him feel loved and cared for? Even...if it was only an illusion of it.

"What do you work yourself up about this early in the morning?"

Startled, the young man almost jumped when he heard Sebastian's raw from sleep voice. "I-um...nothing, really. I was...in deep thought." He mumbled while avoiding Sebastian's gaze for a moment. When he finally looked at him, he was able to see that his look was a confused one. "...Good morning" he sheepishly smiled.

The demon could understand right away that something felt off about his lover, but he won't press on the matter. If there was any progression to their...relationship at all, he knew that Ciel will open up to him if he wishes to do so. "Good morning, Ciel" he slowly sat up on the bed to give him a peck on the lips.

"Am I your wife or something? What kind of kiss was that?" the boy sounded embarrassed to say the least but watching the demon's...well-build body that was only mere hours ago connected with his own felt...damn arousing. Besides, what Sebastian gave him wasn't even a real kiss.

Sebastian could do nothing more than to chuckle at how childish this person could act even in adulthood. He wondered for that second if Ciel will act like this a few years later, when his mind will mature more. Of course, it's not like the bluenette man wasn't already matured. In fact, he had to grow up much too early. And he himself took extreme advantage of that. But he was a demon, wasn't he? It's in his nature to act like a merciless, evil monster.

Or, this is just what he told to himself, over and over again in the span of his life. "Well, that does sound appealing." He smirked, but it was one that never reached his eyes.