Surgery, and a Surprise

The rest of the week goes great, and I've definitely made a lasting impression on the Rizzo family because they all text me the entire flight to Washington. We win 3 put of the 4 games, and it's a small victory for us all. Also, I haven't had anything weird happen yet, so I'm due for it. Sure enough, I have a tiny coughing attack on the flight to Detroit after the series against the Nationals. I'm lucky to be sitting next to Anthony on the plane because he actually knows how to put the medicine into the nebulizer unlike all the other guys on the team. It was towards the end of the flight, so I decide to use the nebulizer until we land. Anthony is watching me like a hawk as we get off the plane. I turn to look at him, "Stop it. I'm fine"

He relaxes a little, "Okay. I'll trust you on that this time , but I'm getting your bags".

I roll my eyes, "Fine, but only cause I know you're  just trying to help."

It's late when we get to the hotel, so we are all asleep once we get to out rooms.
----------------------------------------------------------------

The series in Detroit doesn't go so well, we only win 1 put of the 2 games, but I mean what can you do. We are on put way back to Chicago right now, and I begin to dread my upcoming surgery, "What if something goes wrong? What if they have to amputate? What if....."

I'm cut off my Anthony leaning over, and kissing me. I break the kiss, "Let me guess.... Shut up"

Anthony nods slowly, "It not good to think about what is"

I sigh, "I know, but it's so had not to"

He takes my hand and squeezes gently, "You'll be fine. I promise!"

I lean my head on his shoulder, begin to get sleepy, "Don't make promises you can't keep, Tony"

I hear him chuckle,"I wouldn't do that to you, Little Cub"

I yawn, and close my eyes, deciding to take a short nap.
----------------------------------------------------------------

It's morning of both my surgery, and the first of four Cubs vs Reds game. I decide to get dressed in something that I can easily get out of, so I out of a Cubs sweatshirt, sweatpants, my dodo bird socks, and my left turquoise new balance shoe. I throw my hair up in a messy bun. Anthony makes breakfast for himself, since I couldn't eat anything after 12:00am due to my surgery today. He sits down with his scrambled eggs, and looks at me with sympathy, "I'm sorry that you can't eat. I can go eat outside, so you don't have to watch me."

I quickly shake my head, "No! No, you're fine. Not my first surgery, remember"

He nods, "I always forget about your hip"

I laugh, "Little hard for me to forget"

He still looks sad,"Still sucks that you can't even drink water"

I nod, "Tell me about it. So, are you ready for today's game?"

He nods excitedly, "Yeah! I feel good about today's game. I think we'll win"

I smile, "I think we'll win too. God knows that we need to today. At least for my sake, and sanity"

Anthony smirks, "I'll hit a Homer for you today"

I snort, "A double will do just fine, you know?"

He shrugs, "You look like you could use a Homer"

I shake my head fondly, "Whatever you say"

If he hits a Homer today, I'll believe in magic.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I was right, and Anthony didn't hit a Homer today. However, he did hit a double, so in my eyes he did good. Right now, I could care less about my surgery because the Cubs won 6-3. We don't the get to celebrate for long because of my surgery. Anthony quickly changes out of his uniform, and lead me to the car. I do think even protest because I'm hungry, and thirsty. I just want to get this surgery over with. The car ride is anything but silent. We are still hyped over winning the game. It takes my mind off what's about to happen. Once we get to the hospital, I fill out the waivers for incase something happens during the surgery. Then, a nurse leads Anthony and I to a room with a ensure bathroom where I change into a hospital gown. I come out of the bathroom, and with the help of Anthony I sit on the little hospital bed. Mikki walk in, "Well it's good to see you, Sam"