Double Date

We arrive at precisely 8:00pm, and as to be expected Kris and Jess beat us there. They were just checking in when we burst through the double doors. Kris laughs, "Man! You two have great timing"

Anthony laughs, and well I cough because you know lungs. We don't get to talk much before we are lead to the table. It's a booth, so we decided to sit boys and girls. Jess and I sit in one side, and Anthony and Kris on the other. The guys immediately jump into conversation, and I smile softly while munching lightly on a breadstick. Jessica then smiles at me, "It's so great to finally meet you, Samantha"

I smile at her, "It's great to meet you too, Jessica"

She then looks at me confused, "Kris didn't say that you have glasses?"

I chuckle lightly, "I usually don't, but I have astigmatism in my right eye, and sometimes it acts up. This is actually the first time I've worn my glasses in a long time"

She nods, "Well I like the combo of black glasses, grey dress, and white leggings. Very coordinated"

I laugh, "I usually wear mix-match, but recently with my ankle I've been pretty coordinated."

She looks up from her menu, "Oh yeah! Kids told me about your ankle. How is it?"

I shrug, "it aches every know and then, but it doesn't hurt like it did before the surgery"

She smiles, "At least it doesn't hurt anymore"

I glance at Kris, and he shakes his head lightly. Signaling to me that he hasn't told her about my MS, or my Cystic Fibrosis. Which I'm almost positive the Anthony told Kris about cause they are Bryzzo.

I decide to take a chance, "So what all has Kris told you about me?"

She thinks for a few seconds, "Just the basics, why?"

I sigh, "Well there's two big things"

Kris looks at me confused, "Two?"

I look at Anthony, and I point at my chest questioningly. He shakes his head quickly. Oh so I was wrong about him telling Kris, but hey! Why not kill two birds with one stone?

I take a deep breath before answering, "When I came to Chicago I was misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia which is widespread pain and exhaustion. However, when I tore my tendon my doctor and friend Mikki found that I actually had Multiple Sclerosis. Which is a autoimmune disease that causes my immune system to attack the protective lining of the neurons in my brain, and spinal cord. I've had multiple symptoms such as pain, seizures, and I've had coughing fits. However, the coughing fits were actually from another disease that I've actually had since I was born, but didn't know it. I also have Cystic Fibrosis which affects my respiratory, and digestive system"

Jessica looks at me sadly, "I don't know what to say"

I smile at her softly, "neither of you have to understand now. I just wanted to tell both you and Kris"

Kris nods, "We appreciate you telling us"

I open my mouth to speak, but the waiter comes up to our table to get our drinks. I obviously get Dr.P, Anthony gets sweet tea, Kris get water, and Jessica get a glass of white wine. We don't talk much as we look at the menu, but I mention, "I'm probably gonna get Chicken Alfredo. Not gonna be able to eat everything though cause I don't think my stomach could handle it"

Anthony nods, "We'll just take it home then"

I nod, and the waiter comes back with our drinks, and takes our orders. The waiter then leans down to me, "Is that a service dog?"

I nod, "Yes"

"can I see his ID?" The waiter then asks

I shake my head, "Service dogs don't need an ID. I'd be willing to talk to the manager if you don't believe me"

The waiter quickly shake his head, "No that's okay. I didn't know that. I'm sorry"

I smile softly, "it's okay"

The waiter smiles at me before walking away. I then shake my head, "People really need to learn the rules of a service dog"

Kris chuckles, "No kidding"

I shrug,"You win some, you lose some"

Jessica gains my attention,"So when do you get your splint off?"

I think for a few seconds, "June 25th. I also get my stitches removed, and I get to go back to a boot"

Jessica looks stunned, "Wow! You timed everything didn't you?"

"What do you mean?"I ask confused

"That's the day before the guys go to St. Louis for their series against the Cardinals" Jessica explains

My eyes widen, "I didn't even realize that. Heck, I can't even remember when we go to Cleveland for the Indians series"

Kris and Anthony are quick to reply, "We leave June 16 after the Cubs vs Indians game."

I roll my eyes,"Thanks. I think I would have figured that out on my own, but thanks"

The boys laugh, and Anthony like a smartass replies, "Happy to help"

I give him a playful glare, "Watch it, mister"

Anthony quickly shuts up, and I smirk. The waiter then comes with out food, we thank him, and we all begin to dig in. We talk about anything and everything, I pull out my camera, and begin to vlog for awhile. At around 10:00pm we are all tired, and ready to go home. I'm surprised that I ate all my Alfredo, and three breads ticks, but I'm not full. I shrug it off as my appetite returning after all the nausea. I manage to wake Wrigley, and he tiredly floors Anthony and I to the car.

Wrigley jumps up in the backseat, and he immediately falls back asleep. I shake my head from the passenger seat, "Sleepy Puppy"

Anthony chuckles as he starts the car, "That's puppies for you"

I nod as I get out my camera, "Tell me about it"

I point the camera at me,and I turn it on, "So I've found out the first struggle of owning a service dog, which is that not a lot of people know that the dog doesn't need an ID, because registering it is fake. I guess that just comes with the responsibility. And I mean of course I'm gonna try to educate others where I can, but it would be nice if people already knew. It's like I always say, 'You win some, you lose some'"

I then turn off the camera, and Anthony takes my hand in his. Then, brings it to rest on his thigh, and he leans over to give me a kiss once we get to a stoplight.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting in bed with my pj's on, and I'm eating a hot pocket.

I'm in the process of editing the vlog, and then uploading it

I'm in the process of editing the vlog, and then uploading it. Anthony is passed out beside me with his arms around my waist, and Wrigley is also asleep in his bed. I shake my head, and I lean over to grab my inhaler. I shake it up before taking two shots. I then lay down,and place my head on Anthony's chest. He me closer to him, and he smiles in his sleep. I close my eyes, and slowly drift off to dream land.