Exhaution

I wasn't prepared for the sheer amount of tests that I would have done over my time in the hospital. I had a combination of electroencephalogram (Records activity of the electrical activity of the brain),Partial thromboplastin time (Asses bloods ability to clot), Prothrombin time (Amount of time taken for blood platelets to clot), Bleeding time(amount of time taken to stop bleeding), Factor IX assay(amount of clotting factor present in blood), EKG, sweat test, Sputum Test, PFT(pulmonary function test), Spirometry, MRI, CT scans, x-rays, Urine tests, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar, pulse, oxygen levels, tilt table test(attached to a table that goes from laying to an upright position), skin allergy test, DNA test, Ultrasounds, endoscopy(view digestive system),and a gastric emptying scan(eat radioactive food to see how long it takes to empty stomach).

By the time Mikki got all the test that she wanted done I was exhausted, and nauseous. I had just feed Wrigley when Mikki enters my room, and I give her a pleading look, "Please tell me you know what's wrong with me"

She chuckles, "I know exactly what's wrong with you"

I smile with my tone dripping sarcasm, "Then please do tell"

She smirks, "I'll start with your Prothrombin time, partial thromboplastin time, Bleeding time, and Factor IX Assay"

I nod, "Okay. What did you find?"

She sits down, and looks at her chart, "Your partial thromboplastin time was too long. It took a full minute for clotting to start when normally it should have been between 25 to 35 seconds. This lead me to believe that you had a blood clotting disorder" she looks up at me, and I gesture for her to continue.

She looks back at her chart, "Your prothrombin time was also too long, as was your Bleeding time. In your blood test that we did when you first got here I found your factor IX was very low. It was only 30% when the normal is between 50% and 200%"

My eyes widen, "What does that mean?!"

She gestures to me, "With your factor IX being so low, and your clotting time being so long,I'm positive that you have Hemophilia B. Which is similar to Hemophilia A, except you don't have all the spontaneous Bleeding. It also explains why it took me so long to stop the bleeding in both your tendon surgery, and port surgery"

I nod, "What about the other tests?"

She looks back at her chart, "Would you like to know the EEG next?"

I nod, and I accidentally look directly into one of the ceiling lights,"Sure"

Mikki begins to talk, but I don't hear any words. I then feel Wrigley begin to alert me, and my muscles stiffen before I lose consciousness.
————————————————————

When I come back I'm on my side, and Mikki is rubbing my arm, "You just had a seizure"

I nod, "I could have guessed that"

She chuckles, and helps me sit up, "May I continue where I was?"

"Yeah" I mumble

She looks at her clipboard, "During your EEG you actually had a seizure"

I blink, "What?"

She looks at me, "You had a seizure, but it wasn't one of your tonic-clonic one. It was actually an absence seizure. You were talking, and you just lost contact, but when it ended up picked up right where you were. Do you remember anything right before the seizure you just had?"

I think back to the one I just had, "I stopped being able to hear you"

She nods, "That's your clue that ones coming on then. Now combined with the CT scan and MRI, I believe that you have epilepsy" she begins to study me closely, "Do you have any idea what may be triggering them?"