I Finally Make it to a Walk

"Are you sure you want to do the walk? I mean you have a splint on your ankle, and you're on crutches again." Anthony asks skeptically.

I look at him annoyed, "I'm not missing this again."

Anthony sighs, "But-"

Sara cuts her brother-in-law off, "Let it go, Anthony. You know as well as I do that she's too stubborn to listen."

"I'm right here, ya know," I huff.

"She gets it from her mother,"my father says from behind me.

My mom convinced my dad to drive down to Florida because she loves doing walk, and runs. Things like that. I hold up a finger, "Um, excuse me! I'm pretty sure I get it from you too."

My dad open and closes his mouth a little before giving up on a come back. I smirk at my success. I look to where my mom is stretching,"She always takes it was to seriously. It's not a 15 mile run."

My dad shrugs, "That's your mom for ya."

I nod, "No kidding."

I adjust my crutch so that it's not digging into my shoulder. I then follow Anthony to the starting line, and I lightly hit my mom wit my crush on the way over. She huffs and follows after us.
————————————————————

I'm out of breath halfway through the walk, and I point at Sara, "How is the pregnant woman doing better than me?"

Anthony chuckles, "Sara doesn't have other medical conditions, and she's not on crutches."

I roll my eyes, "Shut up."

He rubs my back, "Don't push yourself. "

I shake my head, "I won't. Not with crutches."

He nods, "Probably not."

I chuckle, "If I'm gonna do anything it's probably gonna be vomit."

His eyes widen, "I hope not." He smiles softly, "But if you do I'll be there to catch it."

I smile up at him, "Thank you."

He nods at me in welcome. I look down at Wrigley, who is prancing beside us. I chuckle, "Am I going too slow for you?"

He makes a small noise, and I speed up a little bit. Not a lot, but enough to were he's almost jogging. Anthony speeds up as well, "Careful."

"I am being careful. It's not like in sprinting on crutches," I point out.

He chuckles, "Well, you're very accident prone."

I roll my eyes, "It's not that I'm accident prone. It's more like trouble follow me around."

He raises an eyebrow, "More like you find trouble."

I nod, "True. Very true."

Sara slows down to join us, What's this about trouble?"

I nod towards Anthony, "He's saying that I like to find trouble."

She looks at me confused, "Well don't you?