Getting My Splint Off

We wake up bright and early on June 25th. Well that's mostly because I have a coughing fit, but hey, we still got up early. Anthony lightly pounds my back in order to dislodge the mucus. He goes at it for an hour before I signal for him to stop. I then take my Ventolin inhaler, Accuned, and Pulmoyzne. While I'm doing that Anthony feeds Wrigley, and makes me an omlet, and himself a fried egg. I happily eat the omelet, and of course I out ketchup on them cause that's how I like my eggs.

Anthony keeps giving me a weird look, and I finally question it, "It's the ketchup? Isn't it?"

He nods, "Is it a taste thing? Or a habit?"

I shrug, "A little bit of both"

He chuckles, "Do you need that much though?"

I then look down at the very large amount of ketchup, "Okay, maybe I put a little too much, but it's still good"

He just shakes his head with a smile as he stands up, "I'm gonna go take a shower. If you need something, yell"

I nod silently, and I watch him walk away. I then quickly finish my omlet, and put the plate in the sink. I then crutch it into the bedroom with Wrigley following after me. Speaking of Wrigley he has grown over the past two weeks, and not just in size. He can now sit, stay, speak, lay down, sit stay, test (low blood pressure, and blood sugar), move with me, give, take, and walk backwards. He plays with his teddy bear as I get dressed, which I'm now able to do on my own. I put on a pair of blue jeans, a turquoise tank top, a grey leather jacket, and one of my ankle boots.

I then take my blood pressure with my cuff. It's 110/80, which is normal for me. Then, I take my blood sugar, and it's 75mg/dl, which is a little low. Wrigley's trained to alert me at 70, which is why he didn't alert me earlier.

I crutch it into the kitchen, and I get a Dr.P out of the fridge, hoping that that'll help bring my blood sugar up. Anthony comes out of the bathroom, and sees me sitting at the kitchen table with a Dr. P in hand, "Blood sugar low?"

I nod slowly, "It was at 75"

He frowns, "That's the second time this week that it's gotten below 80"

I shrug, "That's chronic illness for you"

He shrugs back, "If you say so"

After I finish my Dr. P I take my blood sugar again. It's back to my normal of 85mg/dl. Then, Wrigley comes bounding out of the the bedroom with one of my undergarments in his mouth. I quickly rip it out of his mouth as he runs by me. I look of at Anthony who is bent over laughing with my camera in his hand. I glare at him, "Very funny"

He continues to laugh, and I turn to Wrigley, "You know better, Wrigley"

Wrigley just yips at me, and I turn back to Anthony who is now wiping away tears, "That was great"

I roll my eyes,"I'll remember this"

He then becomes stotic,"won't happen again"

I raise an eyebrow, and he crosses his heart, "I swear"

I smile,"I'll let you off the hook this time"

He hands me the camera, and I turn it to myself, "See what I have to deal with?"

Anthony pouts, "I'm not that bad"

I smile at him before looking at the camera, and mouth, 'Yeah, he is'.

Anthony kisses my temple as he goes to get dressed. "I love you!" I yell after him

I hear a, "I love you too!"

I then smile as I turn off the camera.

I look at Wrigley, "He's a dork, you know?"

Wrigley just shifts his head slightly.