我和他|3.0

'My body exploded when it touched yours...and it was like that for a while...becoming pieces that you would never pick up.'

||

A R T

WHAT HURT MOST WAS WANTING TO SPEAK, so I looked at him, eyes ready and tongue poised – maybe if I tried, this want would stop killing me.

I didn't think he realised that the words were choking and grabbing, that they wanted to get out so much that I didn't know what it was like to need something other than words. So I tried to tell myself that I didn't need North's blue jeans and his liquefying eyes, that if I just walked into the forest and never looked back I'd be okay – because I don't need him.

The forest looked daunting, the tall trees begging for something I couldn't give them, they wanted me to run, they wanted me to forget and they wanted me to stay silent – because things were just easier that way.

'Art...come on, love...' He called, it was always him, and I didn't even need to state his name because it was always him. 'Time to go, baby...'

Don't call me that...please...

But I had an idea, so I stopped walking and looked at him as if he hadn't been telling me the truth because he hadn't.

South looked back from his spot next to North, his cold eyes scanning my face which caused the dread to seep into his expression and make it seem as if he had something to hide.

_____________

'Lycans are real...' Sobo whispered, her lips tingling from the stories that rose from her heart, 'They growl...and they snarl...but most of all they love like never before...'

_____________

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, not even caring about the men that had now turned around to look at me; I furrowed my eyebrows, trying again to let the words spit out. They wouldn't come out this time and I glared at the floor, trying so hard to bring the words out of me when all they did was tug back, wanting to stay in the confined space of my heart.

'The look you gave me, Arty...it spoke already.' My eyes snapped to South's, wondering how he could form the syllables like they were his life but at the same time not at all. But before I could think of anything, North turned to me in his blue jeans and looked at me calmly.

I wanted to run to him, I didn't want to stand in the open where the cold continued to bite and kill, and hurt.

'I need you, Artemis...' North whispered, and I followed the trail of his voice, ending by his side in a fit of untrained hope,

'No.' I whispered. I spoke. I mumbled. I said. No.

The words poured out of me, like an aching river that needed to stop leaking.

When I opened my eyes I hadn't even registered I had been day-dreaming, I hadn't even thought about the questions I had forgot to ask and the reason I was here in the first place. Because it just seemed right.

North glanced at me, his heavy fingertips resting in my hair and his knees tightening on my thighs, because he had forced me into submitting to him, he had made me sit in his lap.

'Stop glaring at me, little moon,' He mumbled into my neck, his book slipping out of his fingers before he placed it onto the coffee table, 'I don't feel like dealing with your attitude right now.'