Chapter 18

Ross P.O.V.

I woke up in a hospital bed and I was really confused. The last thing I remember was being at the store and we were searching for Ang after she texted us, saying she's around.Other than that, everything was a blur. Beside me, on a table was a plate with a bunch of food on it. Next to it was a note. I picked it up and read it.

Ross,

       In case you're confused,  you blacked out in the store and I was worried so I took you to a hospital. You need to eat and stay healthy for me. I'm sorry baby, but I had to leave again. You already know that it's for the safety of you and your family. I'll always be with you to make sure nothing happens, you just won't see me. I love you with all my heart and hopefully this will all end soon.

                                                                  Love, Ang

My eyes started to water and I wiped away the tears before they could even fall. She left again and who knows when I'll get to see her. Riker and Angel came in, both with tears in their eyes. It looked like Riker was taking it worse, other than me. Angel tried her best to comfort him, but it wasnt working. I just stayed silent and eventually Angel walked over to me.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" She asked while Riker paced around the room, tears threatening to spill again.

"I dont know, she's not safe on her own. I need her to be with me."

Angel did a long sigh, "Okay guys, everything is going to be fine. She'll be back with us soon."

Riker stopped in his tracks as he turned to Angel.

"You dont know that, you heard her Angel! She said that we were her targets and since she isnt going to kill us, HE will kill her! So we have no idea if she's safe or not!" 

"Riker calm down!"

  "I dont know if I can! When mom and dad left, they told me to look after everyone while they're gone! But now, someone called a hit on our family and Ang could be dead at any moment and I can't protect her! She told me when she first got here that she loved having me as a big brother and she looked up to me! I'm not taking care of her like a big brother should.....I'm not protecting her from trouble. I let her and my parents down."

Riker spoke softly at the last part as he collapsed in the chair beside my bed. His face was red and stained with tears.

"You didn't let anyone down." I spoke softly causing Riker to look up at me. "We all love you and you protect us without realizing it. You're always there for anyone who needs you. No, you're not being the big brother you're supposed to be, you're much more. To be honest, you're the best damn brother anyone could ask for." I stopped talking and both Angel and Riker were speechless.

For the first time since Ang left, I actually seen Riker smile. "Thanks Ross, you're a great brother to have too. I'll uhh....I'll be back in a minute." Riker got out of his chair and walked out the door.

"He's going to go cry." Angel looked at me and smiled.

"Wait, wouldn't that be a bad thing?" I asked concerned.

"No, he's crying for a good reason. You're one of the only people that has said something that nice to him. You know, other than Ang."

I smiled but it soon dropped. "Angel, do you think she'll be okay and come back?"

"Yea, she'll be fine, She was raised to be able to protect herself. Plus, she'll be back before we know it."

Angel P.O.V.

Actually,  the only reason I'm thinking positive is because of what she only told me earlier......

After Riker took off to go talk to the doctor, Ang told me she needed to tell me something.

"Angel, I only want you to know this, but no one else. I'm staying at the Beverly Hotel and my room number is A36. It's the first floor. Knock three times and I'll know it's you."

I asked her why she was telling me this.

"That way you know I'm safe and I need someone to talk to. I can't talk to any of the Lynchs."

"Still, you said that HE can track you down."

"He doesn't know that you're with the Lynchs. He'll think that you're someone else I talk to. Please just stop by, you can even bring Brianna if you want."

She looked at Ross lying on the hospital bed.

"Hopefully this will end soon." Her eyes were filled with hope as she walked over to his bed side.

She takes the notepad and starts writing something down before placing the note next to him on the table. She kissed his forehead and looked at me.

"Order some goodies for him. As soon as he wakes up, he needs to eat."

I nodded before watching her walk out the door.

"Angel.....Angel.....ANGEL!!" Ross snapped me out of my thoughts. "Are you alright?" He asked looking concerned.

"Yea, I'm fine. You need to eat. I'll go.....check on Riker, see if he's done doing what he was doing. "

He nodded his head and grabbed a cookie. I walked into the hall and towards the restrooms.

I knocked on the men's door, "Riker, are you decent?"

The handle turned and the door opened, revealing Riker with tears pricking his eyes.

I smiled knowing I was right, "You know, he meant every word he said right?"

He laughed a bit before nodding his head, "Yea, I know. That's kind of the reason why I'm crying." He pulled me close and hugged me tightly, "I love you Angel. I love Ross, Angela, Rocky, Brianna, Rydel, Ratliff, Ryland, Allayah, Mom, Dad...... I love all of you. I'm going to do whatever it takes to make Ross better and get Angela back. I'm going to do it and be the person Ross and Ang say I am," He kissed the top of my head, "and nothing is going to stop me."

I smiled against his chest, "I love you too Riker." We pulled apart after a while, "Go talk to Ross a bit. I have to uhh go and stop by my job at Rage and tell them I can't be there for the day."

He looked confused, "Can't you just call them?"

I shook my head, "Nah, it would be better if I just went there in person rather than call all the people I'm teaching."

"Ohh okay," He kissed me, "Love you."

"Love you too."

He headed to Ross' room and I pulled out my phone to call Brianna.

"Hello?"

"Brianna! Meet me at the Beverly Hotel! It's urgent!"

I met her by her car and she immediately started asking questions.  We turned the corner of the hotel.

"Angel, why did you want me to meet you here?" Brianna kept asking.

Instead of answering her I just kept mumbling the room numbers to myself.  "A34, A35, A36!"

I knocked three times on the door like I was told and waited for an answer. The door opened and Brianna was shocked.

"Angela??!!"

--------------------

So what yall think? Vote and comment:)

                                                                      -Elisa<3