Chapter 3: Prepare For The Wedding

The usual disclaimer. Hope you all like where this story is going.
Happy reading!
__________________________________________
Chapter 3
Prepare For The Wedding

"We don't even know each other!" Alec said.

"You will get to know each other." His mother said.

"I am willing to marry her. But how will I ever convince her to marry me?" Alec asked.

"That's the part where I step in. I will convince her to marry you." Mayrse said. "And do not tell anyone of this until I say it is okay for you to."

"Do you think it will work out?" Alec asked.

"I'm sure it will. It can't be that difficult. You're a handsome young man and from what I have heard, the girl is easy on the eyes as well. You're both shadowhunters and excellent fighters. You'll make an excellent pair." Mayrse said.

"But what about love in the marriage?" Alec asked.

Mayrse laughed. "At the very least, you will come to tolerate each other." She told him.

Alec nodded.

"Now, where is she?" Mayrse asked.

"She fainted because of too much adrenaline. We decided to let her sleep it off. She's in Izzy's room." Alec informed his mother.

Mayrse sent Alec a fire message.

"That message is one that tells you to put her in your room instead. Show it to Isabelle. My instructions, she won't argue." Mayrse told him. "I will be in your room and will talk to her."

"We aren't telling Izzy?" Alec asked.

"Do not tell anyone includes her. As well as your father and Jace and anybody else you can think of." Mayrse told her son.

"Of course." Alec said, standing up. "If that is all."

"Do start preparing for the wedding. It will be as soon as possible. In private, of course. Only a silent brother, the bride and the groom as well as I, a witness." Mayrse told him.

"Then people....?" Alec questioned.

"Word spreads fast around here. We will come up with small excuses nothing to drastic. No announcement of marriage. Just the ancient Lightwood traditions. People will notice in a second." Mayrse said.

"As you wish." Alec said, nodding.

"Now go, show Isabelle the note and being my future daughter in law to your room." Mayrse said, half smiling.
_____________________________________________
Hey guys. It's a short chapter. I know. But it's the second chapter of the day, so that had to count, right?

Do follow, share, vote and comment. Thanks!