Chapter 13: Mom and Memories

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying this so far. Thank you so much for all the support you guys have been showing!
_________________________________________
Chapter 13
Mom And Memories

Celestine walked out, not bothered about her outfit. She found Jace and Clary near the elevators.

"Celestine." Clary said as soon as she saw her. Jace give her a small smile as well.

"Where's Alec?" He asked her.

"He has gone off to do some work. Something else for the Clave." Celestine said. "Not a day and I already feel like I've married a guy who is already married to his work and rules."

"Where did you go anyways?" Clary asked.

Celestine hesitated for a second, unsure whether to tell Clary and Jace. But then she decided that telling them couldn't possibly do any harm.

"We had a meeting with a representative from the Clave. Discussed nothing but our marriage." Celestine said, rolling her eyes. With all the shit she could see in this world, people's marriage should be the least of their worries.

"And...?" Jace inquired.

"They agree that it is a good match and support this Union." Celestine said nonchalantly.

"They agreed in just one meeting?" Jace asked, seemingly surprised.

"Why? Is that unusual?" Clary asked.

"For unions like these, yes it is. They didn't get married after getting anything approved with the Clave or anything. The Clave wasn't told anything until after they were married. The Clave usually doesn't like that and refuses to provide those couples with their support at once. Of course, mostly they agree after some convincing, pleading and promising but never so quickly. It's barely been more than an hour since we were with them last." Jace explained, making the sisters nod in understanding.

"All that side...what happened? You two looked like you were having a serious conversation." Celestine said.

"Umm...well, we found out some...things." Clary said slowly.

"Like?"

"Your mother was in the circle." Jace said at once, knowing that Celestine knew what it is.

"Not a chance." Celestine said disbelievingly.

"I was surprised as well. And before those men took mom, she told me that she hid a very important thing from a very powerful man and his followers." Clary explained. "We believe that it's the Mortal Cup from Valentine." She explained.

"It's...it's not possible." Celestine said. "Even if she was really really cautious, we must have seen something, heard something, it's not possible to hide every little detail for the past 18 years from two extremely nosy girls like us."

"I'd agree. But it is possible to get your memories wiped." Jace pointed out. "Warlocks." He explained when Celestine shot him a curious look. Celestine nodded in understanding.

"Can we get them back?" She asked finally.
_______________________________________________
Hey people! Hope you guys like this chapter. Do vote, comment, follow and share. Do let me know your views.