Chapter 8: Explanations

Hey guys! Do check out my other mortal instruments fanfic as well! Thanks for the support. Hope you like it.
__________________________________________
Chapter 8
Explanations

Just then, Izzy's eyebrows furrowed. "Alec? Is that a new rune on your wrist?" She asked.

"No." Alec said rolling his sleeves down.

"Oh come on, you can't fool us. I know you didn't have one at that spot." Jace said, taking Alec's hand and rolling up the sleeve to reveal a new rune, proving that Isabella was right. "This seems oddly familiar but unfamiliar." Jace said as Isabelle too walked up to see it.

Her eyes widened. "You know the reason Jace? It's quite common but used only once in life. Any guesses?" She asked.

"Umm...no?" He almost asked. "I can't quite put my finger on it. Must be an uncommon one."

"Not really, it's not." She said. "It's a wedded Union rune. It's signifies a marriage. And it can only be used by the approval of a Silent Brother. And you require one witness. So the question is, when did my big brother get married? Of course, I understand that you forgot to mention it over dinner last night." She said.

"Alec please tell me that Izzy has got it all wrong. You did not get married did you?" Jace asked.

Alec sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "This morning, I did." He closed his eyes tightly as he said this.

"To whom?" Izzy asked. "Alec, I asked you who did you marry? Wait, wait wait." Izzy turned around. "Celestine?" She asked, seeing the look flicker on Celestine's face she turned back around. "You didn't even know her." She said. "Who witnessed the wedding?" She asked.

Alec remained silent as he leaned forward.

"Alec, I asked you, who witnessed your wedding?" She asked. She made a noise of frustration. "Celestine? Who witnessed it?" She asked.

Celestine glanced at Alec who motioned for her to answer all the questions Izzy asks.

"Mayrse." She replied finally.

"Mom. My mother witnessed you wedding." Izzy said. "How long have you known each other?"

"About each other? Yesterday. Personally known each other? Since we got married." She replied.

"Then why would you get married in the first place?" Jace asked. "And why would Mayrse...." He trailed off as the realisation hit him.

"Please tell me she didn't. Did mom arrange this thing?" Isabelle asked.

"She did but-" Celestine a started only to be interrupted.

"I can't believe her! You don't even know each other. What has gotten to her? I mean, I thought she'll at least let Alec be." Izzy ranted.

"That's quite enough." Alec interrupted. "Celestine and I are quite happy and we need to train. We will see you both in a bit." He said, walking out. "Come on Celestine." He called out over his shoulder.

Celestine shot both Jace and Izzy a look. "I'll see you two around." She said before following Alec.
______________________________________________
Hey people. Do vote, comment, follow and share. Thanks!