Chapter 12: The Representative

Hey guys. Hope you like this chapter and the story so far. I know I've been updating less these past 2-3 days. Now I'm back with the regular updates. Enjoy!
_________________________________________
Chapter 12
The Representative

"Celestine, a representative from the Clave is arriving in a few minutes along with my mother. Dress up like a bride, not in your gown of course. Or actually...um..wear something formal, I don't know. Just..." Alec said, struggling for the right words. "Just doll up or whatever it is you do. You don't have much time." He told. "The Clave wants to see us together and once we are a good match in the Clave's eyes, I believe that things will get much better."

Celestine nodded and immediately started thinking of the most appropriate outfits.

It wasn't long before she had one in her mind and no sooner than the idea was in her head, she got to work.

Once she was ready, she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled in satisfaction.

Once she got out of the dressing room, she found Alec fixing his tie

"Will this do?" She asked him.

He stopped his hands and turned to look at her. Celestine could dear she saw his eyes soften a bit. He nodded. "I believe it will." He told her.

Celestine walked up to him and fixed his tie.

"I'm very much capable of doing it myself, thanks." Alec told her before exiting the room.

Celestine stood frozen for a moment. How mercurial can a person possibly be?

"Will you be coming today or what?" Alec called out over his shoulder.

Celestine snapped out of it and followed her husband. When they reached the office, Mayrse and the representative was already present.

"We apologise for our tardiness. It's not habitual." Alec said for both of them, more to the representative than his mother.

"We just arrived a minute back as well, so it's not a problem." Mayrse told

"And even if it were, I'd say that any amount of waiting is worth the beautiful lady." The representative said, looking at Celestine who gave a polite smile.

"This is my wife, Celestine Lightwood." Alec told the representative, emphasising on the word 'wife'.

"Of course. Of course." The man said. "Mr. and Mrs. Lightwood. Yes...yes. I'm George Carinson." He introduced, shaking Alec's hand and kissing the back of Celestine's.

For the next few minutes, the representative asked them numerous questions.

"Why was the wedding private?"

"Why was it's hard a sudden decision?"

"How long have you known each other?"

For most of the past, Celestine remained silent, allowing her husband and mother in law to answer the questions asked.

When the representative was satisfied with the pair who had been acting friendlier than they actually were, he announced that the marriage had the Clave's full support and decided to get going.

He was followed by Mayrse who shot the pair a proud look before stepping into the portal.

As with them gone, so was the side of Alec which Celestine had been enjoying.

"Now, I have work to do." Alec told. "I need to write a report and these matters aside, there's other things I need to discuss with the Clave. I don't want to be disturbed unless it's absolutely important." With that said, he left the room, once again, leaving Celestine shocked.
_____________________________________________
Hey guys! Quite a boring chapter, I know. But it's about to get interesting now, soo... Anyways, do vote, comment, follow and share. I'll be updating more, soon.