Chapter 3: Make you smile

"What do you want to eat ?" Saitteki smiled,looking at you. "Anything same as yours." You plainly said. He just sighed,then nodded. "Stay here,okay ? I'll go buy our food." He smiled,standing up and walking to the counter. You sighed,sitting on the table. It actually is for 10,but the canteen is full so you don't have a choice.

"YAHOOOOO~!" You blinked as you heard the familiar voice. "Blackstar,shut up…" A boy with snow white hair and shark teeth said. You just watched,then looked away with a yawn. "Oh. Hey ! That's miss skill-reader !" He smirked,then ran to your table. You looked at him as he stared at your eyes. "Hey miss skill-reader !" He grinned big. You sighed. "I said don't call me with that nickname !" You said with an irritated voice,punching his face. He dodged,holding your fist. "Why so grumpy ?" He blinked. "This is my normal attitude. Don't like it ? F*ck off." You plainly said.

"Woah. That's one sharp mouth." The snow white haired guy followed,hands in his pockets. "Shut up,Soul. She's the girl I'm talking about !" Blackstar said. Well,that's what you heard his name is. "Oh ? You can read skills…?" He blinked,looking at you with Crimson red eyes. You sighed,then closed your eyes. Once you opened them again,your eyes had a yellow color,with Black small pupils. You took a look at his soul,then turned your eyes back to normal.

"You can do Witch hunter,Anti-demon wavelength,mainly because of your meister,and you're a part of a musician family. Soul Evans. You can play the piano in your soul to make your resonance rate grow." You plainly said. He looked shocked,taking a seat in front of you. "Cool… How can you do that ?" He asked. "I just know how." You shrugged.

"(y/n) !" Saitteki smiled,holding a tray. You looked up as he placed the tray down. "So that's your name…" Blackstar chuckled. You just shot him a glare. "Oh. Saitteki ! Can we sit here with you two ?" The white haired boy said. "You know him ?" You asked Saitteki. He nodded. "Met him in classes. Together with his group. Too bad you're gone doing your stuff that time." He shrugged. "Are they looking for seats too ?" Saitteki smiled. The boy sighed,then nodded. "Yep. Oh hey Blackstar,go tell them we found a table." Soul started shooing him. Blackstar huffed. "No. I'm your god ! Not a messenger !" He retorted. Soul sighed,then stood up. "Whatever." He grumbled,leaving.

You just sighed,staring at the window far from your table. "Hey Saitteki,is she always like that ?" Blackstar asked. Saitteki sighed. "She just don't like talking. And new people to her sight,like you,won't be able to put up a nice and serious conversation with her." He explained. "I can already talk to her long,but there's one thing I think no one even me can do…" He glanced at you. Blackstar looked interested. "Defeat her ? It's easy ! A god like me can do that !" Blackstar bragged.

Saitteki shook his head,taking a sip from his soda. "You can do that. Anyone can." He sighed. "But you can't make her smile. Or laugh. Whatever you do." He said. Blackstar blinked. "Tell jokes ?" He asked. Saitteki simply shook his head. "Tickle ?" Saitteki shook his head again. "Whatever you do,you can't take that straight expression off of her face." He sighed. Blackstar furrowed his eyebrows,then glanced at you with a big,confident grin.

"I'll make her smile. And I'll take that straight face off of her face." He held a thumb up. You glanced at him,then stood up. "Don't even try." You sternly said then grabbed a bread from Saitteki's tray,then walked off. "Where are you going ?" Saitteki asked. "None of your business." You said with a sigh.

~~~~~

"Hey (y/n) ! Wanna go with us ?" Saitteki asked. "Us ?" You asked. "Together with Blackstar and his friends. Come on ! They seem nice." Saitteki smiled. You took your bag. "No. I'm going home. Go if you like." You plainly said. Saitteki sighed. "If you say so…" He shrugged. Blackstar jumped on your desk,bending down and looking at you. "Hey skill-reader ! Why so plain ? Come on ! Join us !" He chuckled. You grumbled,kicking him off. "My name is (y/n). Not skill-reader. Shut up. I'm not going with you." You said. Blackstar landed on the ground,stumbling. "Ow !" He sat up. "What the hell ?!" He grumbled. You just passed by him,walking to the door. "You're no one important. If Saitteki can't,do you even have a chance ?" You said as you looked at him,before walking away. Blackstar stood up then ran in front of you,stopping you from leaving the hallway.

"I'm a god. And gods don't fail challenges." He pointed out. You raised an eyebrow. "You're not a god. Stop daydreaming." You said. He stared at your eyes with his serious pair,pointing at your face.

"I will make you smile. And that's that. So you are coming with us,and make friends."