Chapter 7: Rivals...?

You and the others are in the cafeteria,eating lunch. Saitteki and Blackstar was beside you,together with the others. "How's your first mission ?" Maka asked. "It's fine,really. Well… Maybe the enemy got the first attack if not for Blackstar." Saitteki shrugged. No one knew,but inside,he's still jealous about it. He's the one who should've noticed. Not him. "Hah ! It was easy !" Blackstar bragged. You just sighed,then continued eating lunch.

"But hey,that resonance… I never thought Saitteki will be that big…" Tsubaki shrugged. "Huh ?" Maka asked. "Well… Kinda agree… The blade got thick and large." Blackstar shrugged. "Is it symmetrical ?" Kid asked. Patti laughed. "All blades are symmetrical,Kid !" Patti hummed. "Really ?" He blinked,looking at her. Liz just sighed.

"Did it last long ?" Soul asked. "More like 30 seconds…" Saitteki answered. "I still have to train using that." You stood up before taking a last sip from your juice. Saitteki looked at you. "You mean right now ?" He asked. You looked back,then nodded. "Yes. Now." You started walking,everyone watching as Saitteki followed. "She sure always have that straight face,huh…" Soul shrugged. "Maybe if she would smile,it'd be nicer." Kid added. Blackstar smirked. "You'll see that smile soon. And I'll be the one to make her." He confidently said. "She hates your dumbness. How can you ?" Maka asked. Patti laughed. "Just watch." Blackstar chuckled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Soul resonance !" You yelled,as Saitteki and you started resonating. You held his handle tightly,feeling both of your wavelengths get stronger. Then the expected came,Saitteki's blade started to grow larger. And it also started to be thicker. Not until you got distracted.

The large blade cracked,then shattered. The impact sent you to a tree,you coughing as your back met it's hard trunk. "(y/n) !" Saitteki's face flashed in the blade. You slid down,sighing. "Again… That's the fourth time in a row…" You mumbled. "You're too tired.. Let's take a short break." He said,transforming to his human form. "No. We'll do it again and again until we master it." You stood up,but fell back down. Saitteki caught you,sighing. "You can't master it if you're still beaten up like this." He laid you down on the grass. You sighed,then gave in. "I'll be back,okay ? I'll just buy some drinks for you to freshen up." He smiled. You just nodded. "Thanks." You plainly said.

[meanwhile]

"So we have some free time cause the teacher's not around ?" Soul asked. "Cool !" He made his signature grin. "Well… (y/n) and Saitteki's still not back,huh…?" Kid shrugged. "Hey sis ! Let's go make girraffes !" Patti giggled. Liz just smiled. "Sure." She patted her head. Patti hummed. "What are you guys gonna do ?" Soul asked. "Read." Maka said. Soul just rolled his eyes. "Make everything symmetrical !" Kid smiled.  "Well… I guess I'll just study as well. How about you,Blackstar ?" Tsubaki asked. "Uh… Go show off around ?" He chuckled. "I'm sure they'll like a star like me !" He bragged,before walking off like an idiot.

He decided to go to the forest,his hands behind his head as he hummed. "I am Blackstar~ The great Blackstar~" He sang to himself,walking around. He stopped when something caught his eyes. He blinked,then froze. "F-f-f-feet ?!" He looked surprised. "Who owns that ?!" He looked around. Then something crossed his mind.

"Maybe this is a murder case ! And the murderer hid the body behind that tree !"

He thought,looking at the tree where the feet seemed to come from. He slowly went closer,taking careful steps. The closer he get,the more the body exposed. Then he gasped when he found…

"(y/n)…?"

He blinked. He quickly went beside you,checking if you're still alive. He sighed in relief after. "Phew… So you're asleep… I thought you're a corpse…" He slightly laughed. He just sat beside you,leaning against the tree you're sleeping under. It was awkwardly silent,so he glanced at you.

You looked tired,of course. Resonating and failing four times in a row is tiring. But it's somehow nice when you're asleep. The same straight face that you have is replaced with an innocent,peaceful expression. Yet,it's still cute. He blushed,then looked away quickly. "The f*ck Blackstar ? You're a big star. A person who will surpass god. That sleeping girl won't take chances." He crossed his arms,huffing. But his eyes automatically made their way to your face. He blinked then watched your chest fall and rise,soft breaths coming out from your nose. He just looked away again,sighing. "Besides,she did nothing but to kick you off,right…?" He pouted,annoyed as he remembered the way you punched his face and made him stumble all the way to the front of the class.

You felt strange,so you opened your eyes and looked around. You just decided to wake up,or got awakened because of the prescence near you. You blinked as you saw Blackstar sitting beside you,looking at the side with his arms behind his head,leaning against the tree. You made your usual straight face,then sat up. "What are you doing here ?" You asked sternly. Blackstar looked at you,smirking. "So you're awake. You look innocent when you sleep." He laughed. You glared,then punched his face. "Shut. Up." You said. Blackstar stumbled sidewards,groaning as he sat up straight again. "Oww…" He mumbled.

"Saitteki's still not back,huh…?" You sighed,cracking your knuckles. "Hey ! That hurt !" Blackstar ranted. You just ignored him,scratching your head. He sighed then decided to brag about how big and strong he is,and it went for around 30 minutes. Then it started to annoy you.

"I'm Blackstar ! I'm the strongest assassin in the whooooole wide world ! I will kick the ass of the person who dares to stand in my way of surpassing god ! AHAHAHAHA ! YAHOOOOO !" He chuckled. "Would you please shut up ?!" You grumbled,punching him again. "Ow !" He groaned. "What the hell ?!" His nostrils flared,looking angry at you. "You won't shut the f*ck up." You crossed your arms. "You don't have to punch me !" He huffed.

Saitteki was holding a plastic bag full of 2 water bottles and some pocky boxes. He went to the place,then smiled. "I'm ba—"

"You always punch people !"

"You deserve it !"

"But you can't just punch a god like me !"

"But I already did so shut up !"

You and Blackstar yelled at each other,not noticing him. He just sighed,then hid behind a tree,watching you both. And again,his yellow eyes were filled with jealousness,hurt,and most of all. Envy. "He always steal my chances…" He mumbled,making a fist and clenching it.

"Is this star-head challenging me with (y/n) ? Fine then. One of us will lose,but I'll be sure it won't be me."