Chapter 17: Promise

You yawned,stretching as you went out of class. "Finally… That class is all about feminine stuff…" You sighed. Maka laughed. "Well… I still have to look for Soul. That idiot might be around." She shrugged. "See ya tomorrow !" Maka smiled. You nodded,keeping your straight face and waving. You sighed,seeing Saitteki walking with an angry look. "Hey Sai ! What's with the face ?" You asked. He just grabbed your hand,and started walking. "Let's go home." He sternly said,starting to drag you. You blinked,getting dragged. "Hey !" You said,hating the fact of being dragged. "What ?" He looked at you. You grabbed your hand back,shooting him a glare. "What's with you ?" You asked,rubbing your wrist. Saitteki's expression softened,sighing. "Sorry." He said. You crossed your arms,starting to walk. "Go home. I'll go walk around." You grumbled. Saitteki sighed,then walked in his own.

You were on your way to the library when… "(Y/N)~!!!!" Blackstar's voice almost shattered your eardrums. You scratched your head,turning to him. "What ?!" You sternly said. "Join me ! I'll go walk around the streets !" Blackstar smirked,grabbing your hand. You blinked,as you got dragged. Again.

"What's wrong with these people… Dragging me here and there…" You thought,annoyed. "I'll go treat you out." He smiled. You just blinked,then shrugged. "Whatever you say,star-head."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Sooooo… What food do you like ?" Blackstar asked. "Anything's fine." You sternly said. He was dragging you when you both passed by an ice cream store. "Want some ice cream ?" He stopped,looking at you. You blinked,looking at him confused. "Uh…" You mumbled. "What ? Don't tell me you don't know what an ice cream is." He said with awe in his voice. You scratched your head. "Well… I never had the chance to be a kid back then because of some reason…" You mumbled. Blackstar grinned. "Well then. Get your tastebuds ready cause I'll make you taste every sweet a kid tasted !" He smirked,holding a thumb up. You blinked,slightly startled. "You will…?" You asked. He chuckled. "Let's start with ice cream !" He smiled,going in the ice cream shop with you.

He treated you a lot of food. Ice cream,cotton candy,candies,popsicles,chocolates,and many other stuff. He even bought you a cute,(f/c) wallet. Of course he signed it at the back with a marker,saying that it's rare cause it had his signature. After the walking and eating and stuff,you both ended up sitting under a tree in the forest.

"Uhm… Blackstar…" You looked at him. He blinked,looking at you. "Yes ?" He asked. "I was just wondering… Why are you doing this…? All hanging out and annoying me all the time… And treating me… Like today ?" You asked. Blackstar blinked,shrugging. "Truth is… I don't know. Just that time when Saitteki told me about how emotionless you are,I felt the urge to change it." He sighed.

"But it doesn't mean that if you smile now,I'll stop doing those." He glanced at you. "I feel like under that straight face of yours,you're hiding something. Something that you don't want to show. You're hiding your emotions because of something… And I'm trying to find what that something is." He smiled. You looked down,your hair slightly covering your face. "What if you already found that something ?" You asked.

"I'll take that straight face of yours away. Using that something,I can figure out what to use to make you smile. I don't want to see my friends getting hurt,upset,and stuff. So I do my best to protect them and try to make them laugh." He explained. You looked at him,slightly amazed. "I never thought he's this kind…" You thought. "In the 4 years of my life I used this straight face… I kinda don't remember how to smile again…" You sighed. "Are you sure you can make me ?" You asked. Blackstar grinned big,putting an arm around you and a thumb up.

"I promise you. I can make you remember how to smile again."