An Odd Encounter

Sunrise. Krieg's POV

Krieg: We need to come up with a better name than just 'Legion'.

After walking for several miles down a dirt path, I let Legion's AI take control. This allowed me to mess with the grappling hook system I stole from the ARES pilot. I had gotten bored of the silence, deciding to give Legion his own name.

Legion: UNDERSTOOD PILOT...
DO YOU HAVE ONE IN MIND?...

Krieg: What about BT? Like Best Titan?....

Legion: UNFORTUNATELY, THAT NAME HAS BEEN TAKEN BY PILOT JACK COOPER...
ANYMORE IN MIND?...

Of course it's taken.

Krieg: CD?

Legion: TAKEN BY AN EX-IMC PILOT.

The grappling hook went off unintentionally, stabbing through my right hand.

Oh, come on!

Legion: HIS WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN...
...
...
ARE YOU ALL RIGHT PILOT?

No! I'm not!

Legion: ADMINISTERING 20 CC OF PLATELETS INTO YOUR BODY.

No! Stop!

I could feel a stinging sensation as a syringe entered my arm from a device attached to me.

Krieg: How about DL? Stands for 'Dammit Legion!'

Legion: USE OF PROFANITY IN A NAME IS UNACCEPTABLE...
PERHAPS I HAVE ONE IN MIND.

Finally calming down from the grappling hook incident, I managed to realign the grappling hooks and listened to my Titan.

Krieg: Go on...

Legion: M.I...
MORIOR INVICTUS...
LATIN FOR DEATH BEFORE DEFEAT...
IT FITS RATHER WELL WITH PROTOCOL 3 PILOT.

I was surprised to say the least about his suggestion.

Wow. That's....actually good. Better than what I would have came up with.

Krieg: Sure. Let's go with that, though I'm just gonna call you Morior.

Morior: UNDERSTOOD PILOT.

As we moved on through, we began to notice the trees themselves gradually having more and more red leaves till it became nothing but such. Bored, I disembarked Legion....Morior, and jumped on top of his chassis, feeling the breeze flow through me as I took in the area.

Morior, and jumped on top of his chassis, feeling the breeze flow through me as I took in the area

Krieg: This is....

Morior: UNUSUAL FOR A FOREST...?

Krieg: Yeah.