Emerald Forest Pt. 2

Krieg's POV

Stupid giant crow!

Stupid giant crow!

Joining the others, I was forced to run away from the creature towards the cliff leading to Beacon. Dodging barrage after barrage of sharpened feathers, we all approached an old stone bridge on the verge of crumbling.

Ruby: Stop!

Weiss: We can't just stop!

Jaune: Not everyone's gonna be able to run across at the same time!

Morior!

Morior: NEARING YOUR LOCATION PILOT.

Stopping myself, I turned back and opened fire on the bird. The Hammond pistol ammunition did nothing but focus its attention to me.

Blakr: What are you doing?

Krieg: Go you fools!

Moving away from the group, the bird rained down more feather onto me. Distracting it long enough, I turned to see the group on the other side. Making a dead sprint towards the bridge, the Nevermore rained down yet another barrage, this time focusing on and destroying the bridge. Jumping off one side, I grappled onto the other side with the hook and propelled myself forward. Middle finger raised at the bird, the hook let go, sending me in the air as I watched the bird fly upwards away from me.

Ha ha! Fuck you bird!

*Whoosh!*

The fuck!?

Landing on one knee, I stood up as a black and red streak flew through the bird. Black feathers fluttered down as the Nevermore was...well never more. Counting the people in the group, I noticed one particular person was missing.

Where's Ruby?

Ruby: We did it!

Huh?

Looking up, she had already gotten herself up the cliffside. Morior stood waiting on the edge, the young girl sitting on his shoulder waving down to everyone. Morior followed suit with Ruby as I spoke to him.

Just in time.

Morior: THAT WAS NONE OF MY DOING PILOT...
BUT OF MISS RUBY ROSE AND THE OTHERS.

Oh really?

Morior: YES PILOT...
IT SEEMS YOU ALL HAVE THE SITUATION HANDLED.

Looking back at the group, there were mixed emotions on the Titan's presence.

Ren: What is that?

Pyrrha: And who's operating it?

Yang: You're a little late to the party!

Morior: MY APOLOGIES MISS XIAO LONG.

Nora: Woah, it talks!?

Jaune: Where did Krieg go.

Teleporting into the Titan's chassis, I opened it and stared down the cliff. The same shocked faces stayed plastered to their faces.

Krieg: Well then....this place has my attention.

Ozpin: I'm glad it does Mr. Ivanov.

Turning the Titan around, I saw the headmaster and his assistant approaching me.

Krieg: You told them my full name?

Morior: YES PILOT...
NOTHING MORE.

Ozpin: This outta be an interesting year.

Kinda having the same thought.

15 Minutes Later... Auditorium

Ozpin: Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark.

Sitting among the crowd in a white cotton sweatshirt and dark pants, I watched as the headmaster called out certain students in groups of four.

The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!

The audience cheered and clapped as usual. The four of them moved aside as another batch of four approached Ozpin.

Ozpin: Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the gold rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR.

Amid the clapping, Nora laughed and gave Ren a hug.

Ozpin: Led by... Jaune Arc!

Jaune: Whaa? Led by...?

Ozpin: Congratulations young man.

Man. You really don't want it, do you?

The same applause.

Ozpin: And finally: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the gold knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!

Weiss looks to her right surprised, as Ruby is in the same state. Yang goes over to hug her sister.

Yang: I'm so proud of you!

The usual applause came before he looked right at me.

Oh no.

Ozpin: And finally, Krieg Ivanov.

All eyes on me as I stood up and slowly walked towards him.

Ozpin: You retrieved the black knight piece, but unfortunately no one else did either.

Shocker.

Ozpin: And since we don't have enough students, I leave you a choice. You can join another group of your choosing or just simply remain on your own.

Krieg: I'd rather work alone on this one.

Ozpin: Then it's settled. From this day forward, you and your....Titan friend, will work together as team PHNX (Phoenix)!

How original.

Ozpin: You are all dismissed to your new rooms. I wish each and every one of you the best of luck in your journey through Beacon.

Walking out of the auditorium, I headed straight towards the hangar. A bed was placed in a corner as well as some school clothing.

Guessing someone came in here.

Laying on the bed, I felt my eyes grow heavy, closing them for a good night's sleep.