Enlistment

Krieg's POV

Why Morior?

Morior: IT ISN'T OFTEN THAT WE INTERACT WITH THE NATIVES.

But to let one ride on your chassis?

Morior: SHE WANTED TO PILOT...
BESIDES, I DO NOT MIND IT AT ALL.

You're a strange one, you know that?

Morior: THE TERM 'STRANGE' IS DEFINED AS UNUSUAL OR SURPRISING IN AN UNSETTLING WAY OR HARD TO UNDERSTAND...
MY ACTIONS ISN'T UNSETTLING TO ME OR HARD TO UNDERSTAND...

Now you're just being a smartass.

With the young girl clinging onto the back of the Legion Titan, we approached a police station. I disembarked Morior and walked around the back, waiting for the girl to get off. She jumped off of Morior, landing on both feet as she looked at me with her silver eyes.

Girl: Thanks for the ride.

Krieg: Thank Morior. I didn't want it.

I opened the Titan's vault door slightly, grabbing a data knife that hung up on the corner and hung the 2 data picks in it's place.

Girl: Oh okay. Thanks Mo-ri-or?

Morior: IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING TO PRONOUNCIATE 'MORIOR', THEN YOU MAY CALL ME M.I FOR SHORT...
AND YOU ARE WELCOME MA'AM.

I closed the door and noticed ger trying to peek inside.

Jesus...

I rolled my eyes under the helmet. We entered the station with an older blonde as she guided us to an interrogation room. The only piece of furniture in it was a wooden table and 4 chairs.

Totally not an interrogation.

Woman: Sit.

We did as we were told and sat beside each other and waited as the woman went on a rant.

Woman: Ruby Rose!

That's her name?

Woman: Not only did you put your own life in danger but you put others in danger as well.

The Young girl, Ruby, looked at me with a bit of shock, then back to the blonde.

Ruby: He jumped in the middle of the fight.

Woman: I don't care what happened.

She gazed at me with disapointment.

Woman: And as for you, you murdered several men in cold blood.

Krieg: They had handguns and clubs. That's not murder, that's self defense.

That pissed her off, though I don't get why.

Woman: If it was up to me, you two would leave here with a pat on the back... And a slap on the wrist.

Krieg: I don't know who you are, but I'm not your kid.

She slapped the table with a whip, scaring Ruby. I, on the other hand, took it as a threat and stood up, aiming a Hammond pistol at her face. I heard a pair of footsteps behind me and grabbed the data knife with two fingers, ready to throw it at the source.

An older gentleman slowly approached the entrance to the room. His hair as white as snow and his eyes as brown as hazelnuts. Carrying a plate of cookies and a mug, he noticed the knife aimed at him. His calm emotion stayed as he approached me, speaking in an equally calm tone.