Faunus Lessons

Krieg's POV

The more I fell into the eternal darkness of slumber, the more I see those vague memories come back to me, clinging, refusing to get off me, infecting every fiber of my body like a virus.

Krieg: Get out!

Ah. I remember this one. The jungles of Harmony, before the Militia established the planet as its base of operations. I was a young infantry grunt back then, working for the IMC to become a pilot. For some dumbass reason, they thought to use trench warfare and guerilla tactics to our advantage. I had sprinted towards my men, a backpack filled with survival gear as I had learned that the Militia had zeroed in on our location.

Krieg: Get out of the trenches!

By the time I had reached them, it was already too late. A Militia Scorch unit had already gassed the trench and opened fire, lighting the trench to a burning blaze.

 A Militia Scorch unit had already gassed the trench and opened fire, lighting the trench to a burning blaze

50 men died screaming in agony that day, each and every one of them under my command.  The only reason I had survived was the tall grass that I had used as cover. Their screaming growing louder and louder until I myself began screaming in pain.

My body is sweating, breathing heavy, my blood shot eyes widened in fear. I did not ask for the things that I've been through and I certainly did not ask my mind to paint and repaint those memories over and over again. As I opened the door to the main area, I could hear Morior speak to me.

Morior: ANOTHER NIGHT TERROR PILOT?

Krieg: Yeah. Trenches.

Morior: HARMONY.

Krieg: Ironic name, but yeah. That.

Morior: THERE ARE PROCEDURES YOU CAN TAKE TO PREVENT THESE SYMPTOMS FROM FURTHER WORSENING PILOT.

Krieg: I just won't sleep for the night.

Morior: EVEN WITH STIM IN YOUR BLOODSTREAM, THAT IS A TERRIBLE IDEA...
I RECOMMEND COMMUNICATING WITH MISS BELLADONNA.

Krieg: Alright, where's the wrench?

Morior: IT IS INSIDE THE 40MM CANNON PILOT...
CARE TO TAKE A LOOK?

Krieg: Ha ha. So funny.

Morior: AT THE VERY LEAST, YOU COULD HAVE LUNCH WITH THEM IN THE CAFETERIA...
IT IS AROUND THAT TIME ANYWAY.

Fine.

Krieg: Yeah, fine. I'll go. I'm grabbing my stuff from the chassis. Not a fan of the school uniform anyways.

Embarking Morior, I changed into the pilot's uniform, leaving the helmet aside. I began placing various gadgets into the injection points, talking to distract myself from the painful process.

Krieg: If they could've just replaced stim with Nyquil, that would be fantastic.

Morior: STIM, THOUGH HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, CAN DO MUCH MORE THAN NYQUIL PILOT.