Leadership

Krieg's POV

I expected this to happen.

Everyone else had already left the classroom. I ended up staying with Port as punishment, not for concealing a weapon but for using said weapon...makes no sense. At this point I really didn't want an argument. During my stay, the young girl in white came into the classroom and walked towards the 'burly' man.

Weiss: Professor Port!

Port: Ah, Miss Schnee! And to what do I owe this fine pleasure?

Weiss: I... I enjoyed your lecture!

On what? All I got was "When I was a young boy, blah blah blah blah blah."

Port: Of course you did, child; you have the blood of a true Huntress in you.

Weiss: You really think so?

Port: Most surely! Hmm... Something's troubling you.

Weiss: Yes, sir...

Port: Dear girl, confess to me your strife!

Didn't think you were a therapist.

Weiss: Well... I-I think I should have been the leader of team RWBY!

What?

Blinking, I spoke up.

Krieg: No.

Weiss: Great. You're here.

Port: But he is right.

Weiss: What? You're really going to listen to this troublemaker?

Krieg: This "troublemaker" has more experience with leadership than your ego can feed you.

Weiss: Excuse me?!

Port: I've believed in Professor Ozpin for many years, and the man's never once led me astray!

Weiss: So you would just blindly accept his decision even after seeing how exceptional I am?

Port: With all due respect, your exceptional skill on the battlefield is matched only by your poor attitude.

Weiss: How dare you!

Port: My point exactly. I see a girl before me who has spent her entire life getting exactlywhat she wanted.

Weiss: That's not true....! Well... not entirely true.

Krieg: So answer me this.

Standing from the desk, I slowly walked towards her.

Krieg: In times of war, you're never going to get your way. That's just a fact. Being a leader does come with it's perks, but the responsibility that comes with it is a lot. Are you really prepared to step up when things go wrong; When the people around you fall in defeat; When the mission becomes comprised? A leader will step in front of a bullet for their team, but based on what I've seen with you and Ruby, you'd throw her in front to save yourself.

Weiss: I would not!

Krieg: Really?

Weiss:.....

Krieg: She's annoying, yes, but she has heart. Instead of trying to bring her down, you should be trying to push her to greater heights. Be an actual teammate instead of a reliability.

Walking out of the classroom, I heard her scream from behind me.

Weiss: Wait!

Krieg: What?

Weiss: How do you know all this?

Krieg: Experience.

Weiss: So you're a leader.

Krieg: Was. Huge difference.

Walking out of view, I entered the hangar. The first thing I saw was a passed out Blake in the corner of the place, a book in her lap.

Krieg: What the hell?

Morior: MISS BELLADONNA CAME OVER TO READ IN SILENCE.

Krieg: I can tell.

Approaching the woman, I grabbed the book and looked at the title.

Krieg: Ninjas of Love. Never heard of it.

Morior: WHAT IS THE STORY ABOUT PILOT?

Opening the book, I began to read a single line.

Krieg: "No shadows can conceal the lust of one enigma for long." Oh this seems like it's nothing special.

Morior: A ROMANCE NOVEL.

Turning the page, I noticed a rather uncensored image. In horror, I turned  the next page and blinked as many times as I could, trying to get the image out.

Morior: WITH PICTURES I TAKE IT?

Krieg: Oh yeah.

Morior: AND YET YOU'RE CONTINUING TO READ IT.

Krieg: The story is surpringly good. I just wish they hadn't put the pictures in it. I didn't think she was into this kind of-.

Blake: Krieg.......

Krieg: AH!

Oh god!

Turning around, I saw Blake awake. Her yellow eyes widened and her cheeks blushing with embarrassment, the same as mine.

 Her yellow eyes widened and her cheeks blushing with embarrassment, the same as mine

Blake: Is that my book?

Krieg: Yeah.....it uhhh.....it is.

Blake: Can I......have it back please?

Krieg: Yeah, take it.

Handing the book back to her, I slowly backed away from her, like a man trying to escape a potential bear attack.

Blake: I'm sorry for falling asleep in here.

Krieg: No, it's fine. I'm just gonna go do the same....in my room.

Blake: Oh okay. Goodnight.

Krieg: You too Blake.

Morior: GOODNIGHT MISS BELLADONNA.

Blake: Goodnight to you too.

Opening and closing the door, I exhaled in relief as I heard her leaving the hangar.

That was too close.

Morior: THE TWO OF YOU SEEMED FLUSTERED PILOT.

Krieg: Yeah, I had her dirty book in my hands.

Taking off the school clothing, I laid on the bed with only my underwear.

Morior: A SYMPTOM OF MUTUAL FEELINGS TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER.

Krieg: Don't say it Morior.

Morior: SIMILAR SYMPTOMS HAVE BEEN SHOWN WHEN YOU'RE WITHIN 5 METERS OF MISS BELLADONNA.

Krieg: Shut it.

Morior: YOU'RE LOVESTRUCK TO A MINOR DEGREE PILOT.

Krieg: I'm disassembling you tomorrow.

Morior: GOODNIGHT PILOT.

Krieg: Goodnight.