First Night

Krieg's POV

"In times of war, we try to maintain a sense of normality until we no longer can. That, my friends, is called surviving. Not healing. We never become whole again."

You learn a lot from your dreams; Your nightmares. They say it is forbidden to kill; Therefore all murderers are punished. If that was true, I would've already been executed, but unfortunately I killed in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

The older men in control declare war, but it is often the young that must march forth to die. I remember those days like it was yesterday.

Since joining the IMC as a pilot, I felt untouchable; Invincible; Augmented to defy laws of science itself. But it didn't matter how badass you felt, you still had to deal with the repercussions of your actions. Boy do they haunt me at every opportunity. Even in the eternal darkness of slumber.

???: Krieg....

Hmm? Who's there?

???: You animal!

Not this shit again.

???: You did this to us!

???: How could you!?

Orders.

???: Orders!? Look at her!

No.

???: It was all you!

Stop!

???: You will pay for it all in the end!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

???: Never!

I'VE ALREADY SUFFERED FOR MY SINS! AHHHHH!

*BANG!*

Krieg: Fuck!

Back in the real world....at least as real as it could get. Covered in sweat and shaking, I got up from the bed.

Fucking hell.

Morior: PILOT.

Krieg: Morning.

Morior: YOUR VITALS SHOW SYMPTOMS OF SHELLSHOCK.

Krieg: Yeah. It's another one of those days.

Morior: I RECOMMEND TALKING TO A DOCTOR ABOUT TREATMENT.

A fucking therapist would be better.

Grabbing the Beacon clothing, I looked around for an alarm.

Krieg: What time is it?

Morior: CURRENT TIME: 8:52:31 A.M...
FIRST CLASS OF THE DAY BEGINS IN 7 MINUTES 29 SECONDS.