A Beacon of Hope

Krieg's POV

Using the resources we had, Morior and I built a massive fire, using one of the trees as fuel and a log as something to lay on. I took off the helmet, placing it beside the log as I drifted off into slumber, letting my mind wonder off once again.

 I took off the helmet, placing it beside the log as I drifted off into slumber, letting my mind wonder off once again

I found myself on the porch of a cabin, sitting on a swinging chair while looking over into the woods ahead. With each gentle swing, noticed a leaf falling one by one. After an hour of peaceful fall, a single snowflake fell from the heavens to warn of winter. Then another. And another, till winter came along, yet there was still a similarity between the two seasons.

 And another, till winter came along, yet there was still a similarity between the two seasons

Peace....quiet.....ease.

As I closes my eyes in this world, I could heard a small whisper from everywhere.

???: Krieg.

I opened my eyes and looked around, only to see nothing.

???: Kriiiiieg.

The snowy ice, as well as myself faded away into darkness. Sounds of gunfire and screaming surrounded me.

???: Krieg!

Huh?

I woke back up to the real world....well as real as it could get. Looking around, I saw the firepit extinguished and Morior in front, holding out my helmet with his massive hand. Taking it from his hand, I placed the helmet back on my head and streteched.

Morior: WE ARE APPROXIMATELY TWO MINUTES AND THIRTEEN SECONDS BEHIND OUR SCHEDULE...
AFTER YOUR STRETCH, WE'LL BE ON OUR WAY TO THE OBJECTIVE.

It'll be fine Morior. They can wait a few minutes anyways.

I finished my stretch and embarked the Legion class Titan as we began walking to the police station.

An hour later....

We entered the city, which we found out through a sign called Vale, the same way we did the first time. As we crossed the bridge, we noticed several roadblocks in both directions, cutting the town off for a bit as we progressed through the streets.