Emerald Forest Pt. 1

Krieg's POV

With a massive thud, I land on the ground, crouched down as a mix of metallic alloy enforced bones and the clothing's internal exoskeleton absorbed the couple hundred feet fall

With a massive thud, I land on the ground, crouched down as a mix of metallic alloy enforced bones and the clothing's internal exoskeleton absorbed the couple hundred feet fall. I stood up and immediately began to sprint through the woods, looking for anything that was considered a relic.

Morior. Where's the relic?

Morior: I CANNOT INFORM YOU ON THE EXACT LOCATION PILOT.

What? Why not?

Morior: THE HEADMASTER OF THIS ACADEMY IS WITH ME IN THE HANGAR.

Okay. Can you at least give me a general direction?

Morior: ALL I CAN INFORM YOU IS THAT YOU'LL KNOW IT WHEN YOU SEE IT PILOT.

So helpful, aren't ya?

Running through the forest, I began to hear sounds of shotgun fire and bears roaring; An odd combination to say the least. Running through the forest, I came across the source of the noises. Blake and the blonde were surrounded by corpses of creatures the book referred to as Ursai.

Yang: You missed all the fun.

Lightly kicking one of the corpses, I spoke up.

Krieg: Not really.

Blake: You found a partner yet?

Shaking my head, the blonde reacted.

Yang: I mean, we just found each other. I'm sure Ruby would take you in.

We all heard a familiar groan as well as a massive tree coming down.

Yang: Or not...

Blake: You might as well join us unofficially.

Krieg: Don't really have a choice.

Walking through the ever more dense foliage, Yang held a low hanging branch up, allowing Blake to go under. As I passed through, she let go of the branch, letting it smack my back like a whip.

Krieg: Ah! The fuck!?

Yang: *giggling* Oh come on ya baby. Just use your aura.

Krieg: Aura?

Blake: Oh boy.

Yang: Do you....not know what an aura is?

Krieg: Do I look like I know?

Yang: Yeah.

Krieg: Sorry I disappointed.

Blake: Aura is the manifestation of our soul. It bears our burdens and shields our hearts.

Yang: You ever felt like you were being watched without knowing that someone was there?

Krieg: Yes, but that's instinct.