Morning text and calls

Editing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Your POV~~2 months later~

Since I'm grounded for the next 5 months I focus on school work and text Sabrina. 

Being grounded means no wifi, TV, PS3, laptop for school only, and that I'm not allowed to go out. 

It sucks but I don't have that many friends. Since I moved here from Townsville because of dads job, I didn't bother with the whole 'friends' thing. I assumed I'd move school again. 

It was a reasonable thought to begin with. Growing up I went through 5 schools (this is my 6th), 2 in one year, with the rest being spread out. They were all in Townsville which confused me as to why I couldn't stay at one. 

When I got moved to my second school, we had just moved into a new house and it  was closer. I made friends in my weird way, which consisted of me going up to a girl and saying, 'Hey, look at my watch, it lights up!... Wanna see?' 

Yep.... I said that. In my defence I was in grade 3. 

That was how Sam and I became friends though and even though I moved schools we still talk. 

We lost touch for a while between year 8-10, but at the end of year 10 (before I moved), I bumped into her at the shops and it started talking like no time had past. 

Here in Brisbane, I don't have friends like that. I have another friends called Sam, a girl that befriended me during SOR called Maria, and from there I have people I'd call 'acquaintances' that sit at the table Maria and Sam invited me to. 

Yay, two people I like enough to call 'friends'. 

Lets be honest, my life sucks and my grades are just as bad. I was a C's and B's girl before I moved. Now I'm a C's and sometimes D's girl. 

My parents think that with me being grounded for 7 months, I'll be able to improve that. Pft. Yeah right.

It's not that I don't want to or don't try, because I do. It's just my brain hates me. 

Worst excuse, right? But when I have exams my brain forgets all the work from the past 9 weeks. I also have a love hate relationship with procrastination which doesn't help with assignments. I'll need to work on that.

As I lay on my back across the floor of my bedroom, I stare at my blank ceiling. I wish I could paint something on it, but were living in a defence house so that's out of the picture.

Sighing I look around my room. 

Queen bed, dresser with an empty space where my TV and PS3 use to be, boxes in the corner, and a bookshelf. 

I push myself up and walk over to my bookshelf.

I always buy books when I don't need to. I've only read 1/4 of the books I have. 

Instead of choosing a new book to read, I pick up an older, worn out book that I've read at least 3 times.

~~~~2 hours later~~~~

After reading for a few hours I put the book down and look around. 

This is going to be a long year. 

Standing up I pull the box over to my wardrobe and stand on it. 

As I stand at eye level with the top shelf I reach to the back and grab the phone Sabrina brought me. 

I push the box back before jumping onto my bed and turning on the phone.

I look back to make sure my door is closed before unlocking the phone and checking the time difference. Sabrina is currently in New York.