Part 23

A/N you know who's who - your lazy author.

Double update because the last one was really short

Sadie's POV

Eeyore happily looks up at me. I didn't put his harness because they lived just next door, and Eeyore could get mom anytime. So, he is in playful puppy mode.

I grip the Tupperware in my hand, half hoping I wouldn't have to see Greyson at all. Maybe I can just leave and pretend I was never there. But the other half of me begs to be reassured that he didn't hate me.

We were just friends yesterday.

We climb walk up the porch to their door, and Eeyore yips, patiently looking at me. I kneel down, and hug him. He endures my long hug, his tail thumping gently.

I love you, Eeyore, I mouth. His tong lolls out.

I stand up and knock on the door before I can change my mind, and I feel minor vibrations. Running feet? I wish I can hear.

The door flings open and a sleepy looking Greyson stands in front of me.

Shirtless.

I'd like to say I'm not like other girls who drool over any and every hot body.

But I can't.

I stand there speechless.

Literally.

Hi. I sign. Thank God that there is no stuttering in sign language.

"Sadie. Hi." Greyson awkwardly says. Well, I think that's what he said. His lips aren't easy to read. I He runs a hand through his hair that is flat on one side. Bedhead hair never looked better.

I hold out the Tupperware.

He says something, and I look at him blankly.

What did you say? I sign.

He scratches his head, before swiping a notebook off the dresser I'd left his keys on. He quickly scrawls, "THANK YOU," and hands the pen and pad to me.

He takes the Tupperware, and he drops his arm, holding it. Bu the lid pops open and cookie crumbs spill everywhere, scattering all over the wood floor.

I gasp as he yelps out his shock at the same time, and I realize he'd just swore. I kind of wished I could spew out a vulgar term to express my shock. I quickly drop to my knees, to sweep the crumbs into my hand to put back in the Tupperware, and immediately crash my head with Greyson's.

Apparently, he had a similar idea.

I jerk away, clutching my heads, and I feel Eeyore's cold nose poking at my cheek. I open my eyes and see Greyson rubbing his head as well, and I immediately feel mortified.

Sorry! I sign, drawing a circle over my heart with my hand held in a loose circle. I realize he doesn't understand and try to mouth it, but he's not looking at me.

Instead, he faces inwards. More vibrations.

Felicity comes storming down the stairs, hair wrapped in a towel, a cotton top stretched uncomfortably over her torso. She halts in front of Greyson, says something, and adjust her top before turning to me.

'Hi Sadie!' She signs, and waves

Some of my dignity returned and I sign back, Hi Felicity.

'Don't worry about the crumbs, it's Greyson's turn to vacuum.' Her signing is hesitant but it's so nice to be able to speak with someone outside my family. She smiles brightly at me, and I laugh softly. I don't know if any sound came out, but Greyson watches me with a curious gaze.

Eeyore puts his head under my hand and I look down and smile at him. He wags his entire body and skitters forward to say hi to Greyson.

Greyson grins.

I smile too.

Felicity watches with raised eyebrows, and I am guiltily reminded of the purpose of coming here.  I raise my hands and begin signing.

Felicity is Greyson mad at me?

A/N Thoughts?
Sadie: *rolls eyes*
Author: *cautiously* someone's in a bad mood...
Sadie: I liked the texting convos better
Author: *shrugs* it'll come soon, patience, dahling