Part 64

A/N AAAAHHHH THIS IS THE LAST OFFICIAL CHAPTER BEFORE BONUS MATERIAL!!!!!

Greyson's POV

She trembles in my arms, and I have no idea what to do when she starts crying after she squeaks in surprise.

"Aw, Sadie, I'm sorry, please don't cry!" I say to her, and I belatedly realize she can't read my lips, much less hear me. 

So I just hug her back.

And I feel like the most important person, when she leans against me. 

We're rocking slowly back and forth, and even though she's not looking at me, I know she's smiling. And am too. 

"Omg!" Alex's stupid habit of pronouncing 'O-M-G' as 'ohmg' catches my attention, and I open my eyes to glare at him. Too late, I realize he's holding up his phone, and the camera flashes the moment I meet his eyes. "I knew you guys have the hots for each other!"

Sadie feels the change in my stance, and looks up, follows my glare, and sees Alex. She beams at him, and Alex happily takes another picture.

"You already knew I was going to ask her tonight, idiot! You helped!"

He waves me off. "Let me have this moment, okay? My baby boy's all grown up!" He fake-wipes away tears, and I share a look with Sadie, while my friend snaps away.

She quickly writes: Did he help with this?

I smile dryly. Yes. He helped with giving you the card, then whined about stringing up the lights.

She quickly writes and rips the paper to give it to me, before running over with Alex, and hands him another sheet of paper, before throwing her arms around him.

Alex lets out a yelp, before awkwardly patting her. I shake my head when she begins signing frivolously and motioning to open the paper for a translation, and open my own sheet of paper.

I like following the stars when it leads to you.

I grin, and press my thumb against the freshly drawn heart, and some of the undried marker prints itself back onto my skin. 

"Ay, Greyson!" Felicity strides in, heels clacking sharply against the tile and takes in the view. "Aw, my hopelessly single brother has a girlfriend now!"

Sadie must have figured out my sisters words without hearing it, because she scampers back to me and tucks herself under my arm, and takes my pen.

Did you open your birthday present yet?

I shake my head, watching Felicity and Alex out of the corner of my eyes. Both look mad, and Felicity turns, catches me staring, and pulls Alex away.

Something is wrong, but right now, I focus on the girl looking shyly at me.

Do you want to get out of here?

Where to? She smiles down at the paper, tucking one of the stray curls behind her ear again. 

I don't know. To the park?

She throws her head back and laughs. The bench where you left your notebook?

Yeah

It's dark though

Right

Can we go get something from McDonalds maybe?

Absolutely. If you want, we can go home and watch a movie on silent.

And get theses pins out of my hair.

And I can open your present

And actually eat without being worried of bursting out of my dress. 

I smile at my girlfriend, and she takes my hand.

We walk out of the school after grabbing our coats and her purse.

She doesn't let go, and I don't either.

A/N OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS IT'S DONE IT'S ACTUALLY DONE AND I'M ALIVE I'VE NEVER COMPLETED A STORY BEFORE!!!

And honestly, I wouldn't have had it not been for those readers who stuck with me for the past two-three months. You guys are my little inspiration sparks, and basically my entire goal throughout this story was to make you smile. Yes, it's lighthearted, yes the plot is nearly nonexistent, but sometimes life feels like that, right?

It has been my joy for these past months to continually update, and I've just loved this habit of updating daily. This 'short' 64-part text/email/paper collection has given me enough time to rest my mind from my actual story, which I have decided to scrap and restart. My writer's block for that book is fading away, and it's thanks to this opportunity that you guys have provided for me.

Thank you so much for your support, your sweet comments, and even the simple fact that you returned to read this again. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I never got why authors call their readers the best, until now. I am so honored to have such a fun, polite and eager audience. You guys make me WANT to write even more.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Can I promote your stories for you? I'll put them all in a separate part (after this) so this book can be some sort of suggestions for others to read your book. You guys ... I LOVE YOU MY CHICKEN NUGGETS!