Part 63

Sadie's POV

Christmas lights suddenly blink alive, prettily draped across all the green lockers. 

Follow the stars, Sadie. 

I slowly walk down the dim hallway light only by the light of the decorations, marveling at the shadows they cast against the lockers. I stop when I see a piece of paper folded neatly and taped onto the locker. It has my name on it, and I eagerly open it up.

Where is Greyson? He's not in the bathroom, he promises. But keep going!

I recognize the print, and laugh a little. 

The next piece of paper is on the floor, a bright pink shade.

Once upon a time, on a Saturday, February 13, I lost a very important notebook. It was green, had a lot of sticky tabs, and had a tacky hand-drawn Slytherin crest on the front.

I smile, remembering sitting down on the bench at the park, and picking up the abandoned notebook.

The first page had words, all in caps, slashed across it. 

DON'T OPEN WHEN IT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU. RETURN TO GREYSON HOLLISTER IF FOUND.

His number had been under that, underlined and boxed to catch all attention. I remember curiously turning the page to see what was inside, but then closed it, to text the number.

The next note was taped three feet from the first note.

A frigid ice-queen returned it to me. Her name was not Voldemort or Cupcake or Sweetheart. She remembers seeing me before I saw her, because I drunk texted her that I threw up on a bush.

I remember how I'd half lead, half supported a loopy Greyson to his car, as he prattled on about something I couldn't hear. He took no notice of my silence, and sat wide-eyed in the passenger seat as I drove him home, still talking. I knew, because his lips were still moving every time I glanced at him.

Notes are hung from strings of Christmas lights from the hallway ceiling, and I open them one by one, my smile growing larger at each one. 

Her dog is better tempered than her, but she's an amazing person :) P.S the smiley face is a hint that I'm kidding. She's an angel.

Aw!

She gives voices for people in movies, then falls asleep.

I imagine Greyson's voice too.

She doesn't like taco shirts. 

I burst out laughing. It looked good on him, like everything else, I just didn't see him every wearing it. 

She thinks she is super mysterious but forgot to mention that she lived next door and was related to my principal. 

I thought I would have a heart attack that day when he came over. 

She smells like cinnamon toast, and has angel-hair. Straight as spaghetti that she ties up with magic or something. My friend tells me it's creepy, and then says I'm whipped. 

I remember the first time Greyson tucked my hair behind my ear for me, and a warm feeling spreads through me. I know I'm totally blushing, and I sigh with a smile. I reach for the last note hanging in front of me. The paper flutters.

And that's because I totally am. 

I stare at the note, and read it over and over and over. My heart pounds in my chest. It's just six words, but it's like that cliché moment when the light darkens in the movies where it's only the lead guy and girl. 

I don't look up, even as I see a shadow swell in front of me.

I can feel his eyes on me as the words in front of my eyes grew unfocused. I blink, and look up.

Greyson nervously smiles at me.

"Hi Sadie," he signs. I crack a smile, my heart bursting with a foreign feeling of hope.

"Hi G-R-E-Y,"  I sign.

We stare at each other, awkwardly, before he takes out a pad of paper.

Did I sign it right?

I giggle. Yeah, you did.

His face breaks into a brilliant smile.

What was the whole thing about being in the bathroom?

He grins sheepishly, scratching his head. I couldn't think of any other way to make you come here. 

Do you really need Advil?

No but, hang on. I want to show you something.

Interested, I look up at the paper to him, and he has that dorky, nervous smile on his face, and hands me a piece of yellow notebook paper.

Sadie, I know it's been less than two months that I've known you, but I have to ask you something really important. 

My heart is pounding. 

I wish I could sign it perfectly, but I messed up even though Felicity sat me through 15 minutes of it. So ...

He writes slowly, painstakingly, occasionally looking up at me. The five minutes seems like hours, as the pen drags against the paper. If I could hear the squeak of the sharpie, I would have felt as if twenty million butterflies had been struggling in my stomach. But then again, if I could hear, he wouldn't have been writing it. 

Then he turns the pad of paper around.

Sadie, I've texted you, and I've had the honor of being your friend for the past months. Your contact name has changed like a billion times, and I've called you Fellow Human Being, and dumb names like cupcake and sweetheart. But now, I'd like to change your contact name, and call you, "Sadie, my girlfriend." Is that okay?

I let out an unladylike squeak when I read the last sentence, and turn to Greyson with wide eyes, who looks at me worriedly.

And I'd like to say I handled it with grace like all those girls do in those books, but instead I fling myself into his embrace and start to cry.

I don't even know why, but I feel like my little heart might explode. 

I pour out an emotion of "Yes!" into this hug, wishing desperately to be able to hear his voice, even for just one moment.

A/N thisisree02 See, nothing to worry about :) (Also, other people of Wattpad, go read her book. Her description/storyline is AMAZEBALLS.)

One more part before the book ends :) Then the bonus material ... which by the way you can still ask questions for.