Part 24

A/N IEscapist, thought of you while writing this. When are you going to update?

Greyson's POV

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I roll over on the couch and closed my eyes tighter.

"GET THE DOOR, GREY!"

Startled, I fall off the couch onto the non comfortable carpet. I groan.

"WHY CAN'T YOU!" I holler back.

"I'M IN THE SHOWER, STUPID!"

Ugh.

Upset, I stomp towards the door and slam it open.

Sadie flinches.

"Uh. Sadie. Hi." Suddenly I feel self-conscious and run my fingers through my hair. She looks uncomfortable, and instead of meeting my eyes, holds out the Tupperware.

"Thanks. Is Eeyore here?" I immediately smack myself in the head at my stupid question. Eeyore's here, idiot, and he's sitting right in front of you!

Eeyore snuffs, while Sadie looks confused and signs something.

Oh. Right.
She's deaf.

There's a yellow pad on the dresser Mom uses to make sure we don't forget stuff before we leave, and I quickly scrawl, "THANK YOU," on it and show it to Sadie.

She gives me a small smile.

Not to me, but she smiles at my gesture.

Nice.

I hold out the pad to her, thinking she might want to write something, and she hands me the Tupperware. Something slips, and before I know it, the Tupperware's lid has popped off and there are crumbs all over the floor.

"Shit!"

As if quickly doing something would prevent a major mess, I quickly get down, to scrape the cookie crumbs into my hand.

THUNK!

Pain explodes on the front of my head and I let out another expletive.

"Oh my gosh Greyson. Really? Just five goshdarn minutes!" I look up to see Felicity on the steps, hands on her hips and still with a towel on her head.

She looks like a freaking physic. Haha. I'm so hilarious.

"Nothing happened Fel. Next time you invite your friend over get the door yourself." I grouch at her.

Felicity disapproves of my answer. "She's your friend too, Grey-poop face. Get over yourself."

I grumble, but she's not looking at me anymore, doing that weird hand motion stuff to Sadie. Sadie smiles, picking herself off the porch.

Whatever they're talking about makes her let out a mostly-breath laugh, and it's a comfortable smile. I uncomfortably feel excluded, and quietly say hi to Eeyore.

Eeyore nudges her hand and after she looks at him, still smiling, he returns my greeting, sniffing curiously before accepts me.

Sadie's smile falters, and she signs to Fel. Fel shrugs, and Sadie stops smiling.

I feel lonely when she leaves with Eeyore less than five minutes later, only giving me a quick halfhearted glance.

A/N What song is your theme? Mine is "Haze" by Tessa Violet.

Sadie: *scoffs* You just like the lyrics "I'll carve into your ribs/leave you crying for a kiss/just for kicks/" You just feel your Slytherin-ness is justified.

Author: *outraged* NUH UH! *whispers* yeah I do. But Slytherin is the best house.
Sadie: Whatever.
Author: You're just mad your not in Greyson's Hogwart's hou-
Greyson: *punches author*
Sadie: *calmly puts earphones in and ups volume to her own theme song*
Author: *distracted* OW! You ungrateful-! Just because you LIKE SADIE  doesn't mean you SIDE HER OVER YOUR CREATOR!
Greyson: *tries to shush author, looking at Sadie* STOP SAYING I LIKE HER! I DON'T!
Author: *raises eyebrows* I can make her end up with Alex and you don't care?
Greyson: *stuttering* wha- no- hey!
Author: Awww... you better be glad Sadie isn't listening right now, lol.
Sadie: *taps author on shoulder*
Author: *jumps*
Sadie: I want to know the reader's theme song.
Author: Right. Yeah. What Sadie said. 

And happy thanksgiving if you celebrate it :) P.S I'm thankful for you.