Part 57

Greyson's POV

It's been twelve minutes, and I wish she would open the door. I feel uncomfortable in this stupid leather blazer Felicity forced one me, and the skinny jeans are ... skinny. My hair flops around. I antsily wait. Felicity scolds Alex on the front porch of our house, before slapping him and storming into the house. Alex hollers after her and follows her in. The door slams shut.

Thirteen minutes. Something tells me that something isn't right and I finally make the decision to open the door.

"Sadie?" I call uselessly, though I know she can't hear me.

I take the stairs two at a time, paranoia gripping me.

I shove the door open, and I don't see her - at first.

She's kneeling, hunched over on the floor, back to the mirror, signing furiously to herself. I can hear her soft breathing as she mumbles to herself incoherently.

"Hey, Sadie, what's wrong?" I kneel down in front of her, reaching out, and taking her hands. She squirms in my grips, frantically signing. She isn't speaking anymore, and she's not looking at me.

I quickly take the yellow pad I have and write, What's wrong?

Her eyes take in my words, and she signs.

I quickly text Felicity, that Sadie is acting panicked, but she's only signing, but my sister doesn't answer.

Of course she doesn't.

"Sadie," I say again softly, this time gripping her upper arm. "Look at me. There you go-" her hazel eyes lift to meet mine. Some storm rages behind her irises.

Her lips part. "Grey..."

"Yeah, Sadie. Right here."

She looks at me, almost questioningly, then looks down at herself. "Grey."

"Yeah Sadie."

"Grey."

Frustrated, I tilt up her chin. "Right here, Sadie. You're okay."

She nods slowly, and her trembling stops.

"Grey?"

"Yeah Sadie." I quickly grab the paper. Are you okay?

She slowly nods her head, her hand coming up to press to the side of her temple.

Help me up

I stand up and hold out my hand to her, and I pull her up. She smooths down her dress.

Where is Fel?
I wish I knew. What happened?

She looks a little lost. I don't know. My head hurts.

Why don't you sit down, I'll call Fel.

She nods, and carefully perches on her bed.

Do you feel sick?

She shakes her head.

Can I get anything for you?

She shakes her head again.

I ring Felicity. She picks up after three rings.

"Yes Grey?" Her voice sounds shaky.
"Can you come here? I don't think Sadie feels okay."

I hear her take an intake. "Can you bring her downstairs?"

"Yeah."

When she hangs up, I quickly scrawl, Can we go downstairs? Felicity is downstairs.

Sadie stands up, and quietly takes my hand.

"Thank you," she signs, before tiptoeing to press a kiss against my cheek.

I follow her in stunned silence down the steps.

A/N Better?